any ferry pilots around Seattle/Bellevue?

WannFly

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Priyo
nothing decided yet, but getting pretty close and if this goes thru, I might need a ferry pilot from close to Seattle/Bellevue to KFAR. any takers?

plane: Archer II

posting it here since hanger talk gets much more traction any day over any other space on this forum :)

That's what we love to see around here. Another budding airplane owner victim. :D

Once you get it home we will be expecting pictures! :thumbsup:

That's what we love to see around here. Another budding airplane owner victim. :D

Once you get it home we will be expecting pictures! :thumbsup:

I can share pics right now, but I will refrain from jumping the gun... and about that victim thing... I will share a very unique experience I am going thru rt now, you guys are going to get a chuckle of out it... in due time

First airplane?

I'm sure you'll get lots of ferry pilots responding but if you don't I'd consider it.

Good luck with the purchase WannaFly I know you've been looking.

I hope it all goes smoothly with the purchase from here on. We will all look forward to hearing you have it home.

The first time I lifted off in the left front seat of my first airplane is as memorable as my first solo. It was a well worn, ratty looking 1961 Cherokee 160...but it was mine.

Ferry pilot? Heck no!...fly a CFI or another experienced pilot out with you commercial and fly the dang thing home yourself!

I flew my new to me plane home literally cross country as a freshly minted pilot and it was the best thing I ever did both in confidence with the actual plane and the experience traveling long legit XC treks.

Trust me, it will be worth every penny to find someone that can help YOU fly it home if you are not there yet.

Ferry pilot? Heck no!...fly a CFI or another experienced pilot out with you commercial and fly the dang thing home yourself!

I flew my new to me plane home literally cross country as a freshly minted pilot and it was the best thing I ever did.

Trust me, it will be worth every penny to find someone that can help YOU fly it home if you are not there yet.

yah I am talking to my school and trying to schedule that. availability is the problem. am pre-solo... and have no intention of going to jail with 5k fine :p

I'll second bringing a CFI with you so you can fly it back, you'll learn tons, very much well worth it.

Last edited:
You don't need a type rating so the fine shouldn't be much over $1000.00.......and maybe only a couple months tops in jail....:lol::lol::lol:

It's what happens in jail during those couple of months... but I digress.

Actually, why would you end-up in the slammer? If you bring a CFI, the CFI is technically PIC, and you're the student learning to fly the Archer.

BTW, good luck and fingers crossed on the new-to-you aircraft! Pics or it didn't happen! :p

yah I am talking to my school and trying to schedule that. availability is the problem. am pre-solo... and have no intention of going to jail with 5k fine :p
If you're going to do that make sure it's a jet!

I flew my new to me plane home literally cross country as a freshly minted pilot and it was the best thing I ever did both in confidence with the actual plane and the experience traveling long legit XC treks.

This fer sure. It's your plane so go fly it. My first flight in the 'kota was a 1,000 mile trip home. It was the longest flight for the CFI too.

Another story involves a fellow POAer picking up his new to him Cherokee out in western Kansas. He was pre-checkride but brought along a pilot buddy to act as PIC. I gave them a ride from Denver to pick up the plane. I think I got breakfast out of the deal (oops, that might be considered compensation).

Anyway, yes I will fly for food. That is not holding out, that is just noticing it's mid-afternoon and I skipped lunch so hungry now.

Sweet man I hope it works out for you. I agree if you can swing it go out to the plane and fly it back, you will learn a TON on a trip like that. And I also agree it doesn't have to be a CFI from your school or heck it doesn't even have to be a CFI. Grab a pilot buddy with some P-28 time have fun. I just happen to know one of those..hehe

It's what happens in jail during those couple of months... but I digress.

Actually, why would you end-up in the slammer? If you bring a CFI, the CFI is technically PIC, and you're the student learning to fly the Archer.

BTW, good luck and fingers crossed on the new-to-you aircraft! Pics or it didn't happen! :p

yepp, but u know.. if I decide not to get a CFI.. and fly it alone.. just kidding. yepp, keeping fingers crossed and for sure expect lot of pics (and a lot more questions) :)

thanks all. no longer looking for a ferry pilot, I mean, still looking for a PIC / CFI and sorting things out. but yeah, no way in hell I am loosing this opportunity of flying a 1000 NM XC a part of which is over mountain

thanks all. no longer looking for a ferry pilot, I mean, still looking for a PIC / CFI and sorting things out. but yeah, no way in hell I am loosing this opportunity of flying a 1000 NM XC a part of which is over mountain

Depending on when you're thinking of wanting this done I could meet you in Fargo (my parents live there) and fly out to pick up the plane with you. I'm an instructor and a mechanic so I could give you dual in the way home.

Depending on when you're thinking of wanting this done I could meet you in Fargo (my parents live there) and fly out to pick up the plane with you. I'm an instructor and a mechanic so I could give you dual in the way home.
Sending PM. Just for transparency , I won't log this as dual if i fly with another instructor not affiliated to my school, alien-pilot-tsa-will-be-angry thing. But love to get a mechanic with me

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Sending PM. Just for transparency , I won't log this as dual if i fly with another instructor not affiliated to my school, alien-pilot-tsa-will-be-angry thing. But love to get a mechanic with me

Alien? This brings up another topic...

Fire away...

Can a foreign national own an N registered aircraft in the US? Maybe you've already addressed this by forming a corp of some type. Maybe I'm off base thinking foreign ownership is a problem.

Can a foreign national own an N registered aircraft in the US? Maybe you've already addressed this by forming a corp of some type. Maybe I'm off base thinking foreign ownership is a problem.
U are spot on, and a very good point for non-citizens, if you are on visa, u can't unless you form a corporation with a US citizen who registers the plane. But if u are resident alien , aka, green card, you can register as an individual.

I believe it's CFR 14.61 or 14. 67. Going from memory on the article number, could be wrong

Edit. My memory sucks. It's 14 CFR part 47

U are spot on, and a very good point for non-citizens, if you are on visa, u can't unless you form a corporation with a US citizen who registers the plane. But if u are resident alien , aka, green card, you can register as an individual.

I believe it's CFR 14.61 or 14. 67. Going from memory on the article number, could be wrong

Edit. My memory sucks. It's 14 CFR part 47

Glad to hear you've done your homework. I just had a vague memory of the problem when a foreign corp bought an aircraft for use in the USA. They didn't actually buy it, they paid a USA corp to buy it. Sort of a weird deal but I'm sure there were tax advantages for someone involved in it.

Glad to hear you've done your homework. I just had a vague memory of the problem when a foreign corp bought an aircraft for use in the USA. They didn't actually buy it, they paid a USA corp to buy it. Sort of a weird deal but I'm sure there were tax advantages for someone involved in it.
I am pretty sure a foreign Corp can't register N , that could be a reason too

I am pretty sure a foreign Corp can't register N , that could be a reason too

Yeah. A corp is just an un-natural person from a legal perspective. All the laws that apply to people also apply to the corp because they are a "person" (unless the law says something about it applying to only natural people).

Alien? This brings up another topic...

Yes it does and it's not just the ownership.

I think the OP knows though -- he's hinting at it but we were all incorrect about another CFI being able to teach him outside of his school, because we weren't aware of the alien status.

Sorry man, that is a pain in the butt, having to apply to TSA to have a different CFI teach toward the first rating. (Or Instrument, or multi-engine...)

Last edited:
If you're looking for a ferry pilot I could do it. Not a CFI, but you'd be hard-pressed to find someone more experienced. I'm in Ketchikan so not too far from Seattle.

I'll also say that I think doing the flight yourself with a CFI is the best idea.

I'll also say that I think doing the flight yourself with a CFI is the best idea.

He can't, unless it's a CFI from his school. He was having trouble scheduling that originally, and we all said the same thing, but the TSA thing was finally hinted at, and then we realized what the problem was.

Foreign national working on an initial rating, if he changes "schools" (or to an independent CFI) during training, he has to re-apply for TSA approval to do so.

If you can afford to buy a plane, you can afford to pay a little, itty, bitty fine, right? :D

He can't, unless it's a CFI from his school. He was having trouble scheduling that originally, and we all said the same thing, but the TSA thing was finally hinted at, and then we realized what the problem was.

Foreign national working on an initial rating, if he changes "schools" (or to an independent CFI) during training, he has to re-apply for TSA approval to do so.

He can still "receive instruction" but the instructor can't technically give him dual nor can he log it. Much like the instruction received on a checkride. I guarantee the OP will learn something on the trip regardless of what instructor or pilot he flys with. ;)

But considering the situation, I think his best plan is to try and schedule the trip with his primary instructor. That way he can log the cross country time and the dual received.

He can still "receive instruction" but the instructor can't technically give him dual nor can he log it. Much like the instruction received on a checkride. I guarantee the OP will learn something on the trip regardless of what instructor or pilot he flys with. ;)

As an instructor I wouldn't poke that bear. "Your honor, I didn't give him instruction because he didn't LOG it..." isn't going to work out well as a defense.

Yepp. But no-one is stopping me from doing a xc with another CFI, it's can't be training or endorsement or logged, which I am fine with, 10 hrs less in the log book won't matter in grand scheme of things

If you can afford to buy a plane, you can afford to pay a little, itty, bitty fine, right? :D
Not worried about the fine. It's the jail and the sandwich they serve is my worry. Ref. Harold and Kumar escape from Guantanamo bay movie

Yepp. But no-one is stopping me from doing a xc with another CFI, it's can't be training or endorsement or logged, which I am fine with, 10 hrs less in the log book won't matter in grand scheme of things

Yeah, it just depends on whether the CFI will risk possibly causing problems for themselves. The legalities on that one are written in such a way that the CFI is legally liable more than you are.

Yeah, it just depends on whether the CFI will risk possibly causing problems for themselves. The legalities on that one are written in such a way that the CFI is legally liable more than you are.
And I have no intention of taking risk with with my license or anyone else's. But if i am flying right seat, and the person is CFI, that shouldn't be a problem

Back