Any FAA question loopholes to not admit to taking prescribed medications in the past?

..I have heard that some fighter pilots use Adderall before a mission. And if they do is it acceptable and is it prescribed?..

You heard wrong. Yes, yes by DoD flight surgeons. I don’t know what the FAA would think/feel/do about past usage as the DoD aviators medically certify under service standards, not FAA.

Most of the pertinent info on go/no-go pills can be found here:

https://goflightmedicine.com/stimulants-sleep-aids/

Last edited:
Where the FAA would get involved is if a military pilot later wanted to get into civilian flying and applied for an FAA medical certificate.
"While in serving in the military, did I take disqualifying medications before a mission? I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you."

True. I am guessing that it would be worked out somehow before then.
There's nothing to work out. No question on Medxpress asks of you've ever used adderall. As long as the flight surgeon isn't diagnosing these pilots with something, there's no reason to even tell the FAA ever.

There's nothing to work out. No question on Medxpress asks of you've ever used adderall. As long as the flight surgeon isn't diagnosing these pilots with something, there's no reason to even tell the FAA ever.
Not the drug if not currently on it, but mental conditions of which the poster indicates two are a HAVE YOY EVER question. He can not sweep this under the rug.

Not the drug if not currently on it, but mental conditions of which the poster indicates two are a HAVE YOY EVER question. He can not sweep this under the rug.
If you follow along, you'll see I was referring to military pilots, and I also mentioned diagnoses in what you quoted.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back