Any experiences with SkyGuard UAT Transmitter?

sdflyer

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
sdflyer
I'm currently using ForeFlight with Stratus 2, and figured it would nice to have affordable ADS-B out capabilities without investing too much money. I have come across this unit http://skyguardtwx.com/UAT_Transmitter.html which can complement my Stratus 2 ADS-B in.

So my main question has anyone on this forum own this SkyGuard unit hand have some experience in mounting and using it?

I have the SkyGuard vision pro. This unit has the ADS-B in and out. I am very happy with it. They claim they are near to getting it TSOed. I have mine on the glare shield for now with plans to move it to the hat rack in my Arrow eventually.

The local pilots like it when I am flying because they get all the traffic on their Stratus.

I have the SkyGuard vision pro. This unit has the ADS-B in and out. I am very happy with it. They claim they are near to getting it TSOed. I have mine on the glare shield for now with plans to move it to the hat rack in my Arrow eventually.

The local pilots like it when I am flying because they get all the traffic on their Stratus.

Is there any glare shield mount for it? Or you just put it as is?

It has rubber feet and doesn't move. I will send you a picture of mine with an explanation. I working with my A&P to get a power outlet near the hat rack so I can put it there and turn it on with the master switch

It has rubber feet and doesn't move. I will send you a picture of mine with an explanation. I working with my A&P to get a power outlet near the hat rack so I can put it there and turn it on with the master switch

It would be nice to get an STC for that. Solves a lot of problems with people that need ADSB out by 2020. For our Pawnee tow plane inside the Mode C veil, we don't need the reciever or displays.

Replying to an old thread. I realize the SkyguardTWX is never going to meet TSO and that the transmit function will never be approved. Before selling the Arrow I had turned off the Transmit function and was using it for ADSB and FIS-B in only, which to the best of my recollection worked well and displayed on my iFly GPS. Is anyone still using theirs for in only purposes? IIRC it only worked with certain portable GPS's and the SkygyardTWX app and on the apple devices only. Just curious because if others are still using it I might try to sell it on the cheap in the future. I may drag out my old iphone and see if I can get it to work as a receiver.

Back