Any experience with 2G8?

Aztec Driver

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Bryon
Thinking of taking a week long hiking vacation in Mount Washington area. This airport is a half mile from our hotel, with two alternates within a reasonably short distance, one just 15 miles north.

Anyone have any experience with this airport? Need to let the airplane sit there for a week.

A VFR only airport, but that shouldn't be too much of an issue, considering the whole area is surrounded by mountains and you have to have really good weather to get in to it.

Last edited:
Flown gliders out of there during wave camp. Pretty dead place, there are a couple of old wood hangars and that is it, never saw any non wave camp activity(always in Oct. though) no idea what is in the hangars. Probably won't matter for you but the airport is funny about fuel, we'd bring it in for the towplanes fuel them in a certain spot and then had to take the empty gas cans off the airport. Airport is supposedly over the town's water supply.

Isn't a 2800' grass strip a little small for an Aerostar?
Well, a little, hence the reason I would use my Twin Comanche.

Although I do fly into a 2400 foot strip (not grass) frequently in the Aerostar. Just have to be precise on the speed and not be overly heavy on departure. Don't exactly have A-S distance.

Back