Any experience w/ Buldoc Aviation?

Chip Sylverne

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Quit with the negative waves, man.
The shop did the OH on an O-540 in a bird I'm considering. Don't know anything about them, only that they used overhauled Lyc jugs. Certainly not a "name" shop, but lots of small shops do great work.
Any pireps?
Thanks.

It's Bolduc. They are a good machine shop, like G&N, but they work with what are given. If you send them a worn cylinder, they will make the valve seal, but the lap may be smaller than spec.

http://www.bolducaviation.com/
They work with what is given to them. If the part is cr_p to begin with, it'll be repaired cr_p when they're done.

The shop did the OH on an O-540 in a bird I'm considering. Don't know anything about them, only that they used overhauled Lyc jugs. Certainly not a "name" shop, but lots of small shops do great work.
Any pireps?
Thanks.
They have a very good reputation locally (they're located at a airport near me). I think they do a good job on overhauls and they definitely stand behind their work.

I have used Bolduc for numerous engines, and they always put out great work on both the engine overhauls and the accessory overhauls they did for me. They stand behind their work, and have always give out great advice, and were not afraid to tell me when a product was crap.

Back