Any experience at S98, Kennewick WA?

Display Name

Display name:
Threefingeredjack
I have heard some mixed reviews of Vista Field, (S98) in Kennewick WA. Anyone have recent experience? I'm heading up there to look at a boat. (I know, I know. :D)

KPSC is just across the river and has better facilities, security and probably a courtesy car.

I have heard some mixed reviews of Vista Field, (S98) in Kennewick WA. Anyone have recent experience? I'm heading up there to look at a boat. (I know, I know. :D)

There is absolutely positively nothing there but tiedowns and a self-serve pump. Unattended, no FBO, no rental cars, no courtesy cars. If that works for your needs, it is otherwise a fine airport with pavement in good shape.

The port authority has succeeded in driving out all businesses and most of the based aircraft, and it will be closed at the end of the year and sold off to property developers.

Richland airport just up the river is a decent alternate.

Thanks to all, ground transport isn't an issue for us as we have a friend in the area who will be picking us up. Security is however; I just dropped a new radio stack in and would like it to be there when I get back. We'll look across the river or up at Richland.

Back