Any DPEs here?

write-stuff

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
write-stuff
I'm guessing there are. I'm looking for some good articles authored by DPEs about checkrides. I already have several. Are you a DPE, or do you know one with a website I can peruse?

I don't want to post my email address where robots can harvest it for Russian junk mail, so feel free to PM me.

check-rides.com has made by a DPE specifically for the reason you talked about. Also I think there are a few folks on here that use to/still work for the FAA as ASIs(the feds that give checkrides)

check-rides.com has made by a DPE specifically for the reason you talked about. )

Jim Currier - I did the commmercial ride with him. Excellent examiner - he did it by the standards, was up front about what to expect, no surprises and a really good guy on top of that.

He got cut from the DPE rolls for some reason. It was when sequestration was in effect, and a couple DPEs in this area were suddenly no longer doing it. Rumor was that they were cut due to sequestration, but who knows what the real deal was.

Either way, it's too bad he isn't still an examiner.

Jim Currier - I did the commmercial ride with him. Excellent examiner - he did it by the standards, was up front about what to expect, no surprises and a really good guy on top of that.

He got cut from the DPE rolls for some reason. It was when sequestration was in effect, and a couple DPEs in this area were suddenly no longer doing it. Rumor was that they were cut due to sequestration, but who knows what the real deal was.

Either way, it's too bad he isn't still an examiner.
Since DPEs don't get paid by the feds, why would they get cut?

Since DPEs don't get paid by the feds, why would they get cut?

The FSDO claims the cuts preclude them from getting the renewal rides accomplished, but only seems to affect those they have some issue with.

The FSDO claims the cuts preclude them from getting the renewal rides accomplished, but only seems to affect those they have some issue with.
Convenient and efficient... I like it.

Did the FAA have the issues or did the pilots have the issues. Big difference.
In the case of DPEs, I imagine the natural progression of either leads to the other. A few bitchy pilots are just background noise unless it's more than just a few bitchy pilots.

Larry Bothe is a DPE who lives in Seymour, IN, and writes a column about checkrides in Flight Training Magazine...an AOPA publication. If you are a member, maybe they have a way for you to access past issues.

Bob Gardner

Bob Schmelzer is a guy whose articles appear in the flight training mag. PM me and I'll provide his email address.

Back