Any CFIs here have to release a student?

Luke, your obnoxiously long 'signature' is very rude!

I Was hacked. I believe Jesse did some magic to my account last night.
Note the tagline under my name is not "en route" or whatever but "may the force be with you" That is not something I can even edit.

I will un hack what I am able

Once I had a PPL student who was an attorney. This guy had his own airplane which I taught him in. His teen daughter had just obtained her PPL so I guess he thought there would be nothing to it. Anyway...he didn't want to do this maneuver, and he didn't want to do that maneuver. So...I told my chief the problems I was having with this genius and he said to go ahead and recommend him, which I did. Well, the chief rode with him on the practical and not to my surprise, he failed. Man, he was burned. Threatened to sue the school. Course he didn't...not a leg to stand on. Takes all kinds.

I Was hacked. I believe Jesse did some magic to my account last night.
Note the tagline under my name is not "en route" or whatever but "may the force be with you" That is not something I can even edit.

I will un hack what I am able

Thank you!

I had a student pilot that just did not have "the hands". Would not listen to instruction and was on "transmit" more than he was on "recieve". He was always argumentative about what had transpired during a flight and saw things differently than what actually occurred.

He flew with a few different instructors, multiple times, and one by one they all said "never again". He even locked up the controls during landing roll out and would not gently lower the forward skid to the ground (single wheel glider with a skid) but let it slam down when the elevator lost pitch control with decreasing airspeed. I could not force the elevator forward and had my own "never again" moment.

A little research revealed that he had been "asked not to return" by at least two other schools. His tales of holding an airplane student certificate could not be found in the FAA database.

We suggested that he find another hobby that keeps him on the ground, as controlling his own transport through the vertical dimension was not in his nor the publics best interest. He then began to tell us of at least 3 different instances where if he had not taken control, the instructor would have definitely crashed the aircraft. We refunded the unused portion of his prepaid club dues and funds he had on account towards flying.

We have not heard from him since.

Back