Any Auto Gas/Mogas in the Northeast?

hish747

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Hish747
I'm intrigued by the potential benefits of auto gas in terms of cost and engine life. However, I can't seem to find any sources that sell ethanol-free or 1-2%E auto gas in the northeast at airports or otherwise. Does anyone know where it can be bought? Is it pretty much a dead end up here?
Thanks,
Hish

Welcome to the forum,the northeast is not mo gas freindly.

Welcome to the forum,the northeast is not mo gas freindly.

Depends on where in the NE...take a look at the thumbnail attached to my original reply. Looks like lots of stations up there, especially in NY.

There's plenty in the north country

I guess I was talking mainly about New England as I'm in Northern CT/Southern Mass. I've contacted so many of the vendors listed on pure-gas etc and have received basically one of the three following responses:

1) I have no idea what you're talking about
2) Sure, ethanol free $60/gallon racing fuel
3) You'll crash and burn if you use our fuel (a.k.a. see #1)

Anyone actually using autogas in New England or Western NY airports? I would appreciate knowing where you got it.
Thanks,
Hish

Ohio. I have two Rec 90 stations nearby. One is 3 miles from my hangar. I have the STC for both my planes. I run it w/o issue and mix in some 100LL as recommended by various folks every 50 gallons or so.

Initially there was a significant price savings, but the Rec 90 is creeping up to $4/gallon when it was $3.25/gallon. Meanwhile, the cheap 100LL everyone uses is $4.72 at the airport 15 miles away.

I reckon you may have been asking about taxi-up-to-the-pump Rec 90 which I don't have. But I do have twelve red 5 gallon cans I haul around in the truck.

Last edited:
Back