Any AT&T Outages in Northern IL?

purdue1014

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Brent
Hi All,

Out of the blue this morning, my iPhone 3G on ATT signal strength went way down. It used to have a full signal anywhere in the house, and now it seems it only gets one bar every so often. In driving around, the signal does come and go, it's just very variable...I figure it's probably the phone, but it is a bit odd to me that I am able to get signal on it, (just not all the time as before) and my thinking is that if the phone broke, it would be all or nothin'.

I don't see any signal outages ATT wise anywhere, but I figured it would be worth checking to see if anyone may have heard anything...

Thanks!

B

Up in the NW suburbs it has been working fine all day. Can you do a side by side comparison with someone else on ATT?

Thanks...Yeah, if not later tonight then tomorrow morning I'll be able to check against someone else...Trying to revive an old Treo :yikes: and see if I can get a better signal or not...

Thanks!

B

PS---A buddy on FB has their status about how ATT "shut down for the day" and 3 people agreed with it, so maybe it's a SW 'burbs thing:confused:

Last edited:
FWIW, problem kinda solved...ATT just confirmed that there is an outage in our area, (SW 'burbs) 12 towers are currently OTS...Sigh...Just another reason why I don't like ATT.....

I've had a 3GS iPhone for about 8 months. I love the phone, but it occasionally (once a month) behaves oddly wrt to receiving cell signals (Edge-only or no reception instead of 3G).

If I reboot/power-cycle the phone, it will pick up 3G.

.Just another reason why I don't like ATT.....
If you don't like wireless companies that have outages then you will not like any cell company at all. Wanna hear about how Verizon (aka PrimCo at the time) had the entire Milwaukee metro go down on them at 4:55pm on a Friday when a tech was testing some preliminary software for an upcoming load? Bizarre stuff can happen.

Every system operator and every vendor of equipment has had a problem at one time or another. There is no bullet proof solution unless you build for full redundancy and no one can afford to do that.

Back