Any AME Recommendations Near Philly?

TedR3

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Ted
I need to have my 3rd class medical renewed and I know that it will require a Special Issuance.

Does anyone have any recommendations for an AME in the Philadelphia area?

Please feel free to PM me rather than post if you prefer.

Thanks,

Ted

The best AME in the business lives in Peoria, IL. If you can, I'd go see him. I recently traveled from Nebraska to have him do mine. Worth every penny. If not, he'd would know who you should talk to.

He's also a member here on the board, so he might just chime in on this thread.

Jason, that's pretty sweet of you. :)

Ted knows I'm available but he's going to try locally. We've done some emailing. To a lot of folks travel (add $400) is an inconceivably expensive medical. I know where they're coming from :(.

Ted there is a guy at Abington Hospital George Green MD who is great. He is a pilot and I know him to whip out the books and make calls during a medical to see what he needs to do to get something the blessing from OKC. PM me if your interested and I'll get you his number

Adam, that was a TERRIFIC recommendation. Kinda like what Jason and Grant P & I talked about at lunch that Friday afternoon.....in fact FAA called me back DURING the lunch.

I can also recommend Dr Robert McAndrew in Newtown Square. He too is a pilot will call the FAA during the physical if need be. He's retired but still does FAA medicals at his former medical office.

Robert McAndrew, D.O.
3475 West Chester Pike Suite 200
Newtown Square, PA 19073-0000
610-356-0300
610-356-1981

Hers aren't huge. Just big, and rather nicely proportioned.
Still sound like an improvement over my AME. I feel bad that I just got my medical renewed, maybe next time. Is she accepting new patients?

Objectifying tracts of land again, are we?

:D

The best AME in the business lives in Peoria, IL. If you can, I'd go see him. I recently traveled from Nebraska to have him do mine. Worth every penny. If not, he'd would know who you should talk to.

He's also a member here on the board, so he might just chime in on this thread.

Same - also travelled to see Dr Bruce, the cost of getting there is nothing compared to the cost of something being done incorrectly.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back