Any aerobatics planes for someone really tall?

Bob Roberts

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Bob Roberts
I'm 6'7" and about 280. Even if I got really lean for my size I would still be 250ish. Does anyone know of any aerobatics airplanes that could be used with a bigger pilot?

Thanks all!!

Bob Roberts

Decathlon should work. Greg Koontz flies one and he's a big guy. Aerobatic max gross is 1800. Empty weight is usually around 1325. Aircraft with metal wing and aluminum gear upgrades have 1950 max gross in utility category. Pretty common so shouldn't be too hard to find one to try on for size.

Jimmy Graham is an NFL player who is 6'7", 260 lbs, and he has an Extra that he does aerobatics in.

Extra, Christian eagle, decathlon & citabria are all airframes I have flown and found them adequate accommodation. The eagle being the best of them all.

6’6” & 275

The Waco YMF-5 built in Battle Creek might be worth a look. It was stretched from the original type certificate starting with the C model. Rudder pedals are adjustable, and the cockpit is surprisingly roomy for a biplane. Full disclosure, mine is for sale after 10 years. I have two Wacos and the '29 is my favorite. Promise you wouldn't fit that one.;)

Ernie

Back