Anxiety

U

Unregistered

I am a student pilot with a PPL so far. I'm in college and have had 3 exams this week. I went to the clinic and the doctor told I was being restless at night. Not sleeping to well. She said I was just having some anxiety. I've never had it before. Do i need to report this on my medical. She did NOT make me take any medication nor talk about therapy.

Nope.

Exercise more, no caffeine after 5pm, no alcohol on school nights. :D

Last edited:
Usually my students don't get anxious until they have 3 exams that day. Lets hear it for Buckeyes!

Actually, we have a huge problem with this. Just switched to semesters, and an unintended consequence is many students have 3 or more finals in one day. The University really needs to develop a policy do deal with this, and I hope they do. I have smaller classes where I'll happily give make-up finals, but I can't really do it in the bigger classes. Too many students to corral. Can't say I like it.

Here we are also on semesters, and students are not required to take more than 2 finals in one day. Strangely though, I've never had to give anyone a makeup for that reason.

But I see lots of anxious students. The worst part is, they seem to prefer to stay anxious rather than take advantage of my office hours. Are students really that afraid of professors? I know I wasn't when I was a student.

Here we are also on semesters, and students are not required to take more than 2 finals in one day. Strangely though, I've never had to give anyone a makeup for that reason.

But I see lots of anxious students. The worst part is, they seem to prefer to stay anxious rather than take advantage of my office hours. Are students really that afraid of professors? I know I wasn't when I was a student.

Yeah, I know what you mean. They'll all show up for a review, but not individually. I never thought of myself as being all that intimidating.

I think we just need an extra day or two for finals, and that should clear up the problem. We're a bit new to the whole semester thing.

:mad2:

Yes, you need to report it so you lose your medical. Seriously?

:mad2:

She wrote on my report "Has some anxiety". I thought the FAA checked those records? I don't want this to hurt me later on in my career.

At my college if we have more than 3 finals in one day one of your professors must accommodate a make-up exam. I've never had it happen because they do a pretty good job of making sure tuesday/thursday exams are on either TUESDAY or THURSDAY finals week. It makes it more manageable. What I really hate though are Saturday 0730 exams. I've had two. They're hands down the absolute worst.

On that note, chill out. Sleep more. Drink less. I started to sleep more & drink less last semester.. in addition to flying 4 days a week usually. Made the Dean's list for the first time ever.

On that note, chill out. Sleep more. Drink less. I started to sleep more & drink less last semester.. in addition to flying 4 days a week usually. Made the Dean's list for the first time ever.

NO BOOZE on school night. :no:

You don't need to start bad habits at your age. Party like a rock star on weekends Friday & Sat. Sunday thru Thursday you are an angel. The key to life is moderation, not over indulgence.

And remember, on any night...., "Nothing Good Happens Past Midnight" . ;)

NO BOOZE on school night. :no:

You don't need to start bad habits at your age. Party like a rock star on weekends Friday & Sat. Sunday thru Thursday you are an angel. The key to life is moderation, not over indulgence.

And remember, on any night...., "Nothing Good Happens Past Midnight" . ;)

"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom"

I'm still traveling. :)

Just watch the movie Animal House. They give very good examples of ways to deal with anxiety and stress.

Or as BruceC said: nope.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back