anxiety 2

U

Unregistered

ok i am a CFI with a little over 500 hours and one day i was doing a photo hop and all of the sudden my heart started to beat faster then normal and i felt kind of sort of breath and nervous i was ready to get on the ground now i was turning the whole but easy 10 or 20 degree turns nothing big ive do aerobatics so nothing to scared me but now since that day ive alos been scared to fly it a werid feeling i never in the 4 or 5 years ive been flying worried or been scared. i cant get rid of this terrible feeling it alos like i just scared to fly well not alos i am i feel very nervous and uneasy. i just dont know how to fix this problem has anyone ever experienced this ???????

ok i am a CFI with a little over 500 hours and one day i was doing a photo hop and all of the sudden my heart started to beat faster then normal and i felt kind of sort of breath and nervous i was ready to get on the ground now i was turning the whole but easy 10 or 20 degree turns nothing big ive do aerobatics so nothing to scared me but now since that day ive alos been scared to fly it a werid feeling i never in the 4 or 5 years ive been flying worried or been scared. i cant get rid of this terrible feeling it alos like i just scared to fly well not alos i am i feel very nervous and uneasy. i just dont know how to fix this problem has anyone ever experienced this ???????

Well, reading what you wrote makes me wonder if you've had an anurism or demonic possession.

Sounds to me you finally got yourself into a situation that you were uncomfortable in and now are psyching yourself out. Maybe what you need to do is one of a couple of things. First I think you need to get up in the air and work through the issue. Some desensitizing training with a CFI who understands what just happened may be the best route. Second, some talking the through the problem with other like what you are doing here and if that does not work with a professional counselor. Third, welcome to knowing that you are mortal. You are not the first to find this limit.

Now, lets be careful out there.

Ease up on the guy.

I really appreciate everyones input. I told my son about the responses and he has posted also. "Anxiety2" I think maybe he will be able to more accurately descibe whats going on.
Thanks again.

The first thread looked like it had great advice.

Just cause they are unregistered doesn't mean the ROC doesn't apply, peeps.

Be good.

Know the feeling well, in fact it happened on my long dual XC. I was 30 mins from home on what was a 4 hour XC and all of a sudden the panic came over me in normal cruise flight.
My instructor was wonderful about it, took control of the airplane, got us down, and talked it through with me -- the next couple of times I was with him he was sensitive to how I was feeling and then I was good to go.
I think the best thing prob. is to recognize the feeling and work with the discomfort of it - and find someone that is sensitive to it - not some macho (men don't act this way jerk) and be safe.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back