Another year, another annual.

Aztec Driver

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Bryon
Maybe some of you more savvy A&P's out there can help me out a little. In having my Twin Comanche annualed, my mechanic found some play in the RH stabilator. It is vertical play, looks like at the torque tube bearing in the mounting block. By the looks of the diagram on the parts and service manuals, it appears that the entire torque tube assembly must be removed to get to that bearing. And the bearing itself only costs $130.:incazzato: It also says something about balancing the stabilator. Anyone with experience in this aircraft who can educate me a little? I want to make sure I know what is necessary before I go in and work with him on this.

Thanks

Well, we got the stabilator off. That sucker sure is on tight. One side, anyway. Now to see if we can bring the torque tube out far enough to get the bearing out. That would make life so much easier.

I hope you can get it back together Byron. BTW, I hope to fly into THV York tomorrow afternoon. I hope the weather cooperates between Chicago and York.

Back