Another wet one KCDK

wrbix

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Pilot Lite
IMG_2883.PNG Occurred Friday - know nothing else. Flaps down - suspect landing overrun

Funny how some are about going around. Reminds me of that famous clip at St. Barts....!

Article says that some witnesses believed he landed downwind.
Hmmm....does look like departure end of 05. Winds were favoring 23 when I departed approx 0800 EDT.
Witness purportedly a pilot too

The mud on the side of the fuselage makes it look like he was spinning the tires trying to get unstuck.....

The mud on the side of the fuselage makes it look like he was spinning the tires trying to get unstuck.....
Here's an idea: put a treadmill at ends of short runways - no more overruns! :p

According to the registration the owner lives just right by me here in Tyrone GA. Piper Apache.

Not a great deal of room ,if your doing a landing with a tail wind. AlwYs liked the apache.

.....hot and humid too.

It's 2300' PLENTY for most any GA plane

Only if you are on your game. Anecdotally, a lot of long time pilots say most people come in way too fast; much faster then they used to years ago.

Tim

There is no normal weather reporting at Cedar Key, so you have to be ready to use other things to tell which way the wind is blowing. The wind socks are not in the best shape either.

There is no normal weather reporting at Cedar Key, so you have to be ready to use other things to tell which way the wind is blowing. The wind socks are not in the best shape either.
Wind socks now in good shape - replaced after Hurricane Hermine.

Only if you are on your game. Anecdotally, a lot of long time pilots say most people come in way too fast; much faster then they used to years ago.

Tim

If you're on your game you should be able to land in half of that runway, and between final and downwind you should be able to tell if you have much of any tailwind.

I've landed there, and had students land there, it is NOT a difficult strip.

Back