Another update on PilotFreeStuff

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
Ok, here's what we've got so far:
  • Customizeable Logbook Columns are now working
  • The logbook is created during the first run, which allows the user to create his own custom columns or use the default columns which are pretty much the ones that come with a Jeppesen logbook
  • There is a guided setup now that will step the user through most of the customizations that will be done
  • Photos are now stored in the database, which means that once they're stored, if the source is deleted, the photo will still exist in the logbook and can be viewed.
  • Should work on Macintosh computers now without finagling the files around

Stuff that needs to be done:
  • Support for friendly logbook column names (IE, columns with spaces or special characters)
  • Resizing the columns will save
  • Import logbook from other formats (this is a priority)
  • Printable output
  • Customizeable currency items

Stuff that is broken, or needs to be improved:
  • The currency checker is now broken because of the addition of custom logbook columns
  • Making a change to the column names (or adding a column) deletes all data in the logbook (this is a limitation of the database being used, but I think I might have found a workaround that will be acceptable)
  • The GUI is designed for the future of PFS, which is confusing at the present time

I gotta say, adding custom columns was a huge pain in the ass, but I'm happy I was able to get it done, and I know it was a must-have for any decent logbook program. Once I get the list of broken stuff fixed, and I implement the import function, I'll likely be releasing a beta for people to use. I have rewritten a bunch of the backend stuff, which has made the project MUCH more stable, and I'm excited about it.

I'm hoping to get a lot more testers soon, because I can feel things starting to fall into place. The logbook format has now pretty much reached final format status, which means that from here on, data entered into the logbook should be available for all future versions. At this point, the features that I have listed above are likely going to be the final features for version 1.0, which will be the public release version. I will continue to implement new features, but at this point I need to focus on getting what I'm working on working properly first.

That's all I have to say right now, I'm burned out on programming for the day, and its late, so I'm gonna go to sleep. This is a blast.

Back