Another sign of the apocalypse

Hey Chip...Chip...I need avgas money. :)

Guess I can change my avatar now that it has performed as advertised.:D

Glad you all enjoyed it. Classy. :rolleyes:

One more reason why I'll still be a Cubs fan next year: It's one whole helluva lot better than that alternative.
Assuming I was STILL a baseball fan, why would I be in favor of a team that was not from any place I've ever lived?

In this order...
  1. Cardinals
  2. Braves
  3. Diamondbacks
  4. Rockies
After that, I don't care. And, remember that part in another thread about my loving to play "devil's advocate"? :D

:p

Glad you all enjoyed it. Classy. :rolleyes:

One more reason why I'll still be a Cubs fan next year: It's one whole helluva lot better than that alternative.

Yep, enjoyed it plenty, just ask Chip. :D Thanks!

The alternative? You mean cheering for a team that actually has a chance on making it into the series? :dunno:;) FWIW, I couldn't give two flips about MLB.

The alternative? You mean cheering for a team that actually has a chance on making it into the series? :dunno:;) FWIW, I couldn't give two flips about MLB.
Ever since the truth came out on the drug use, neither can I.

I suppose that's one of the very worthy things Congress did for us. Players were refusing to testify. I wonder why?

In the meantime, watch Ken Burn's Baseball mini-series. Learn with mention after mention that the perennial sad-sack, never-win, heartbreak team is the Boston Red Sox, 'cause ya know, Boston is where Ken Burns is from. :dunno:

In the meantime, watch Ken Burn's Baseball mini-series. Learn with mention after mention that the perennial sad-sack, never-win, heartbreak team is the Boston Red Sox, 'cause ya know, Boston is where Ken Burns is from. :dunno:
Boston dug a hole for itself... litterally. But, they plugged it in 2007. You'd think they would be happy.

Now Chicago wants a championship? Just make a "daley" trade until it happens. :)

Go Phils!!!!

Honestly, I'm kind of done with all major league sports. I've never liked basketball, and the rest, between drugs and labor strife and free agency, well, it's just not the same anymore. I'll watch, but it doesn't keep me up at nite, that's for sure.:(

On the SNL special:

Bill Murray, who appeared as himself in a sketch lampooning the town-hall presidential debate last Tuesday, asked Sen. John McCain (Darrell Hammond) and Sen. Barack Obama (Fred Armisen) what they would do to ensure that the Cubs would never lose in the playoffs again.

"Last week, in the National League divisional playoffs, the Chicago Cubs faced the Los Angeles Dodgers. In Game 1, the Cubs lost 7-3. In Game 2, they lost 10-3 and in Game 3, 3-1. What, as president, would you do to guarantee that this never happens again? Senators, in your answers, please be specific,” Murray asked.

“That's a fair question, William, but let's face it, the Cubs may very well be in the playoffs again, perhaps even next year. If so, they will lose again, and they will keep right on losing year after year after year, because that is waht the Cubs do. We as a nation have got to wean Cubs fans away from supporting that team and train them to root for other teams – teams that will actually have a chance at winning,” Armisen-as-Obama said.

"Senator McCain?" moderator Tom Brokaw (Chris Parnell) asked.

“Here I have to agree with my opponent,” Hammond-as-McCain said. “Let me give you some straight talk, my friends: The Cubs will never win the pennant, much less the World Series! Junior over there, he won’t tell you that. I just did.”

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/2008/10/cubs-murray-snl.html

Back