Another sign of the apocalypse

I wonder if the Cubs organization will ban folks from sitting in the first 4 rows at Wrigley this playoff season.

Anyone taking bets that the Flubs won't make it past the first round? I'll take the bet if anyone is offering one up.

Update: The number is 0.

Also, I may have, for the first time in my life, absorbed more beer via skin osmosis than I actually drank. Craziness.

Short version: I am a happy man. I'm hoping I'll be happier in a few weeks. :)

Go Cubs!

I hope it's a BoSox/Cubs World Series. I will be rooting for the Cubs, even tho it might make some of the locals want to kill me.

Update: The number is 0.

Also, I may have, for the first time in my life, absorbed more beer via skin osmosis than I actually drank. Craziness.

Short version: I am a happy man. I'm hoping I'll be happier in a few weeks. :)

The Cubs magic number is

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Cubs magic number is
7(?)

I love how they keep saying this is the first time in 100 years, except for last year, except for 1984, and except for almost 1969.

Last edited:
The Cubs magic number is

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -​

The Cubs magic number is
7(?)

I love how they keep saying this is the first time in 100 years, except for last year, except for 1984, and except for almost 1969.

:rofl: Idiots.

Do they have a chance? I haven't followed baseball at all this year, so I have no idea how good they are, other than to have won their division. I am vaguely aware that the Phils won the NLEast, and the Brewers might be wildcard entries because they pitched Sabathia like 4 games in a row.

That's it. Sum total of my baseball knowledge for the season. Go Phils.

Anyone taking bets that the Flubs won't make it past the first round? I'll take the bet if anyone is offering one up.

Are you saying they will or will not? I say they will. If you're saying they won't we can take the technical aspects of a wager to PM. :yes::D:D:D

The White Sox magic number is

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The White Sox magic number is
7(?)

Attachments

• 42665540-30191806.jpg
    42665540-30191806.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 98
Then the governor of the state of Illinois said that it would be the Cubs and the Angels in the World Series. This was before the one game "play-in" involving the Chicago White Sox. Talk about a lack of respect!:blueplane:

Then the governor of the state of Illinois said that it would be the Cubs and the Angels in the World Series. This was before the one game "play-in" involving the Chicago White Sox. Talk about a lack of respect!:blueplane:
Daley is from the southside and a Sax fan. Blago and Daley seem to hate each other so it makes sense for Blago to dis the Sox and Daley.

Put it this way: Between this and the election, I'll be lucky if I live through October.

Daley is from the southside and a Sax fan. Blago and Daley seem to hate each other so it makes sense for Blago to dis the Sox and Daley.

Blago sure seemed buddy-buddy with Duh-ley back when he tore Meigs up... :mad:

Didja notice Blago on the floor of the Dem. Convention? Nobody paid ANY attention to him. He was ISOLATED.

i predict:

sweep.jpg

:)

no, actually. ive always had a sort of respect for the cubs though. amazing how decades and decades of consitently losing and they still pack the stands year after year. there's something goofy about a cubs fan.

no, actually. ive always had a sort of respect for the cubs though. amazing how decades and decades of consitently losing and they still pack the stands year after year. there's something goofy about a cubs fan.

They didn't pack the stands until 1969 and thereafter. There were games where there were more players on the field than people in the stands before that.

I lived on the next block. We used Wrigley as our play and bike area.

I also sold souvenirs there around and in 1969.

I believe Tony may be on to something here. 0-2 Cubs and they move on to LA. Not looking good (except for me...hey Chip, small unmarked bills please :))

I believe Tony may be on to something here. 0-2 Cubs and they move on to LA. Not looking good (except for me...hey Chip, small unmarked bills please :))

boy i wish i would've put some money on it too! :D

I didn't say I was optimistic.

I will say that of the 8 teams in the playoffs, the Cubs (and maybe the Red Sox) are the only team that could really come from behind and win three straight. But the chances of that happening? I think about 5%. Chances of them losing Saturday and going 3-and-out like last year? About 95%.

I will say that of the 8 teams in the playoffs, the Cubs (and maybe the Red Sox) are the only team that could really come from behind and win three straight. But the chances of that happening? I think about 5%. Chances of them losing Saturday and going 3-and-out like last year? About 95%.

You appear to be a fine prognosticator; at least into the 3rd inning. :D

Deleted, duplicate post.

Last edited:
We're free of the apocalypse.

101 years and counting.

Back