Another SI Documentary

WBCHpl

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
WBCHpl
Hello all - a little bit about me and my situation:

1) I am a student pilot with about ten hours of dual instruction
2) I had not given much thought to the third class medical certificate exam, and figured I would not have any problems passing (mistake on my part)
3) I have been taking Sertralin (Zoloft) for about four years for depression. Diagnosed with Depression and PTSD from the VA.
4) I have no arrests, DUIs, substance abuse, etc

I have spent a lot of time on this site reading other stories, which have been very helpful. I wanted to pay back the favor and document my SI process for others to learn from. Here is what I suggest so far:

1) Research requirements for whichever class of medical certificate you want before you start training. If you have any doubts that you may not pass, do not submit your application yet!!!
2) Do thorough research through FAA, AOPA, etc. to educate yourself as much as possible on your particular situation. This will help you throughout the process, and I'm sure an AME appreciates an applicant who is prepared and educated on the subject.
3) Contact one of the AMEs who have provided feedback on this site and explain your situation

I have only been working on my application for about a week, and do not plan to submit it anytime soon. I have spoken to two AMEs who both told me to absolutely not submit it yet.

I will try to provide regular updates through my process.

Cheers

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back