Another Scam

kyleb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Drake the Outlaw
Today at work, my office phone rang and I picked up, noting that I didn't recognize the number. I answered "This is Kyle"... The caller asked "Kyle Boatright" and I responded in some way (I don't remember the specifics, but I didn't say "yes" - I probably said "that's right" or...).

Anyway, the caller immediately hung up. Obviously, some sort of scammer who has tied my office number (not published externally) and my name together (I work in a 20,000+ employee corporation) and was trying to get some sort of response to use in a fraud scheme.

My credit has been frozen since the Equifax faux pas a few years ago, so he's probably not going to buy a new car, house, or major item in my name.

But what and where should I look for indications of fraud other than my credit card bills?

Can't give you any good advice, but I just read an article a few minutes ago about the Equifax data theft. Apparently, the stolen data has never show up anywhere. It is now suspected it was a foreign nation state and rather than trying to steal identities and credit files, they were looking for clues on recruiting spies.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/13/equifax-mystery-where-is-the-data.html

Back