Another P-51 Crash?

Lowflynjack

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jack Fleetwood
They're not saying if there were survivors, but the photos don't look good. So sad.

Capture2_1454704230771_807710_ver1.0_640_360.JPG

http://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/arizona-news/84847183-story

Looks bad . . . Hope the pilot got out before the fire!

What's that taped on under the tail???

That's a good question. It does look like tape.

They're saying it burned after impact, but from the looks of it the impact is what destroyed it. I would be surprised if we get good news, but we can hope.

I was just at the airpark when it departed. We waited around for its return and left after about 20 minutes. A gentleman told us it's should be back in about 10 minutes. Sad story.

It actually looks like a blanket of some kind over the tail cone and taped down.....I'm guessing it was done to cover up the N-number.

That does not look survivable.

I was just at the airpark when it departed. We waited around for its return and left after about 20 minutes. A gentleman told us it's should be back in about 10 minutes. Sad story.
Privately owned?

Big Beautiful Doll had 472 on the tail also, and black tips for the horizontal stab.

Were those two ^ based at P19 as well? I'm not saying the plane was based at P19 but I was there and one departed

I believe Big Beautiful Doll and Red Dog are.

Were those two ^ based at P19 as well? I'm not saying the plane was based at P19 but I was there and one departed

Last edited:
Oh no, this looks like the one that flys out of Stellar.

P19 is where "SUSU" was lost a few years if I remember correctly. Didn't it damage some P51's in a nearby hanger ?

Man, Jeff Pino. Former president of Sikorsky. Was part of the XTI group as well. RIP.

Back