Another Online ground school question.

rvpjuv20

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
RyanParker
Ok, tonight I want to enroll in an online private pilot ground school. I really don't want to waste my money so any input will help. I am a pretty good at self teaching. I was just going to go with Sporty's but I looked back into threads and didn't get a clear answer. I don't want to do community college or flight school. Thanks

King schools,

I've used them with all my students, great results, never had anyone fail a written or oral (what they prep you for).

I've used king for my ATP, and a few other things, always worked great, also good support for all platforms.

http://www.kingschools.com/ground-school/private-pilot/courses

If you're into torrents you can find their whole private pilot collection on there.

I used King for my IR written test. Their materials will adequately prepare you for the written test. But there are areas that are not covered. I think that will be true of any ground school. That is why I think it is important to stay active on this web site. I have learned a ton of stuff that has never come up in my formal training with my ground school and my instructors. I don't think it is a fault in the materials or my instructors. I think it is just a function of the fact that there is so much out there on to learn. As you may have heard before, your certificate is your "license to learn." That's very true.

In short, I don't think you can go wrong with the Kings videos. If you get the online version, you can download their videos on your Ipad or Iphone. When reviewing for the test, I loaded them on my Iphone and then played the sound through my car stereo on the way to and from the office. It worked pretty well.

Try Gold Seal at www.OnlineGroundSchool.com. Includes full written test prep as well as practical test prep. It produces a written test endorsement after you pass the final exam. Take 1/3 of the course completely free PLUS includes a Forever Guarantee of satisfaction. Register and check it out fully without paying a penny.

Also note that your CFI can join for free and monitor your progress and check your quiz results to help you with problem areas.

I'll be the first to give a negative recommendation. I don't recommend the MzeroA ground school. It's expensive, which by itself isn't a deal killer. What killed the deal for me was comparing his videos to the King Schools videos. IMO the King videos provide much better content. A plus for MzeroA is that Jason has a seemingly unlimited supply of enthusiasm and energy. Not enough for me to sign up for the monthly training bill, though. Actually I did sign up, but cancelled within a month. He does have a money back guarantee if you don't like it within a month.

I did the King Online for my ground. I am always near a computer or tablet so doing it online in my free time was easiest for me.

Still haven't ordered. I am stuck between Gold Seal, Kings, Sportys.

Does kings have test and questions as you go or just videos?

Still haven't ordered. I am stuck between Gold Seal, Kings, Sportys.

Does kings have test and questions as you go or just videos?
Kings has questions after every subsection (a total of 745 questions).

They also have 3 end-of-course practice exams, with an option to create randomly generated exams.

I've looked at Sporty's, and they seem to be more to-the-point with their study material, where John and Martha King come across as a bit old-fashioned. Both provide a solid course, but the people that don't like King Schools usually say it's because of John & Martha's older style.

Back