Another one waiting for us...

Ghery

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Ghery Pettit
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went...

Wag more... Bark less ...

Tom, there's another one waiting for us. We had to put our (almost) 15 year old Golden Retriever down this afternoon. She could barely stand and walking was almost impossible for her. At least she's no longer in pain. We'll be for a while, though.

Oh, Ghery, I'm sorry, man. :( :( :( I was just at the vet today, and while I was there, we talked about ol' Mica, bless his heart. I may never get over that dog. :no: He was in pain, too, but it was pain of the spirit, of his mind, and you couldn't see it.

Sorry to hear it, but you did the right thing for her. :yes:

Our condolences, Ghery. We've been there 2x and it just sucks, regardless of the pets condition.

So it goes... I'm happy every morning when I notice the Pegster is still breathing. It won't be long, I think.

Sorrowful condolences. Dogs are good people, I think.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Cheers:

Paul
N1431A
KPLU

Nice sentiment, Paul. I hope so. And if that's wrong, and reincarnation is how it works, I wanna come back as a loved pet, and hopefully give my humans the same enjoyment my pets gave me. My current cat had REALLY good karma in a previous life.

Ghery, you did the right thing (which I'm sure you know). My condolences on your loss.

A dog's unconditional love is a wonderful thing. I'm sorry, Ghery.

I'm very sorry for your loss. Ending a friends life is one of the hardest things to do. It takes immense courage and love.

Sorry for your loss Ghery.

Bertha D. Bulldog stayed with me in my dreams until I got Pancho a year ago. It is amazing.

I am sorry too, we know your pain, we may be close to going thru it with Bobbi. she has blown out her right rear knee, we don't know yet if she can work thru it. she is on meds, and restricted on how much she gets to walk, we hope she gets well, but we are not holding out too much hope.

Ghery,

So very sorry for your loss.

As humans it is very hard to do the one thing that furry kids ask of us and that is to never let them suffer. There is a reason they always are there to lift our spirits when we are sad or know the exact time to break us into laughter by dropping the ball or pull toy at our feet at the most untimely moment. As Andrew stated, it's that unconditional love. Good on you for showing that same love in return even though it hurts. Time will heal the hurt and the great memories you will always carrry with you.

Lessons learned through our one year cancer battle with our Rotti. Our Roxi girl, gone but not forgotten.

Attachments

• roxiandinky.bmp
    506.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
You have my condolences. With my Sparkie, it was the hardest thing I ever had to do and it hurt. She couldn't move without help, something I would gladly do if only to have her around longer. Sometime, though, it can't be about we want, it has to be about what's best for them.
My current friend is now 10, having entered my life 8 years ago, after 2 previous families. He's a great pup.

My condolences as well. My parents had to put down our beloved dog while I was at school, knowing how I'd feel about it if they mentioned it ahead of time. He had severe hip issues, and really couldn't get up or down without help. Even with the issues though, he would wag his tail furiously whenever I was near. I know he loved us tremendously. It's hard, but you did the right thing.

Sorry for your loss, been there too many times. Memories will get you through.

Back