Another one down

Both of them very nasty... and, apparently, an "impossible turn" with the Bo...

depressing. :nonod:

Both of them very nasty... and, apparently, an "impossible turn" with the Bo...

depressing. :nonod:

The first one was in my old stomping grounds on the St Clair River between Michigan and Ontario. But there's another closer to home as well. A pilot friend (the one with the AT-6) called me a couple hours ago to make sure it wasn't me when he heard that a twin engine Beechcraft crashed just south of my home base (KFCM). Turns out it was a Travel Air. I haven't heard any names but the report I found says all survived with "non severe" injuries.

Hopefully three's enough for today.

www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=847381

I didn't know that was your home base. We spent a few hours there Monday.
Normally, I'd invite you to get together if I knew you were there but I've been in Florida since last Friday. Let me know next time.

The first one was in my old stomping grounds on the St Clair River between Michigan and Ontario.
On the St. Clair River, yes, and actually on the mainland. Pointe Tremble Road is M29, and from the address, it happened on the outskirts of Algonac a little west of the Harsens Island Ferry dock.

Tragic. Apparently another accident in maneuvering flight close to the ground. I wonder what the cause will turn out to be.

Normally, I'd invite you to get together if I knew you were there but I've been in Florida since last Friday. Let me know next time.
OK, actually I had to look up FCM to see where in the country we were supposed to be going. Next time I'll remember, if there is a next time. I'm not sure if this was a one-time thing or not.

On the St. Clair River, yes, and actually on the mainland. Pointe Tremble Road is M29, and from the address, it happened on the outskirts of Algonac a little west of the Harsens Island Ferry dock.

Tragic. Apparently another accident in maneuvering flight close to the ground. I wonder what the cause will turn out to be.

I talked to a friend who flies from Marine City and he told me the pilot had just departed from there and was apparently trying to make it to the river but came up short and landed on top of a dock. He said the plane was a LS with a design similar to a small Lake amphib.

OK, actually I had to look up FCM to see where in the country we were supposed to be going. Next time I'll remember, if there is a next time. I'm not sure if this was a one-time thing or not.

C'mon, everybody knows where Minneapolis is (FCM is found under M for Minneapolis in the approach books) just south of the Canadian Tundra:D.

But seriously, PM me etc if you're headed back.

The Bo is in my neck of the woods. Spent a little time thinking it might be a pal. Be careful out there.

C'mon, everybody knows where Minneapolis is (FCM is found under M for Minneapolis in the approach books) just south of the Canadian Tundra:D.
We spend way more time in the Canadian tundra than in Minnesota. :D

But seriously, PM me etc if you're headed back.
OK, will do.

Back