Another New Private Pilot

LDJones

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
Jonesy
Congrats to Adam Will, my student who completed his private pilot training today by successfully passing his checkride in his 1967 Piper Arrow at KFCM.

AdamW_NewPilot_800.jpg

Adam's a great guy and will be a great addition to our pilot community.

(http://www.mnaviationpro.com/2012/11/29/adam-will-complete-private-pilot-training/)

So, PP-ASEL and Complex in one shot? Nice work!

So, PP-ASEL and Complex in one shot? Nice work!

It's the only plane he's ever flown, so engine management and awareness of landing gear are pretty ingrained. I suspect if he ever flies a fixed-gear he'll be grabbing for a gear handle all the time.

The Arrow is a good solid airplane but then I might be a little biased. My airplane however is NOT CUTE!

Congrats to you and your student! But hey now i feel really far away at 4 hours.

It goes quickly once you get beyond solo (which will come quicker than you think.) Towards the end you're knocking out 2-3 hours per x-c flight. Just fly as often as you can to maximize retention between flights.

Congrats Loren on successfully introducing another person to one of life's great pleasures.

And how would you describe it Tim? "A beast of a machine!" :rofl: BTW

It is a fine flying machine. Calling my airplane cute would be kind of like kissing my sister. But now I am hurt cause Kimberly never said a word about my Arrow, Hrmph I say.

It is a fine flying machine. Calling my airplane cute would be kind of like kissing my sister. But now I am hurt cause Kimberly never said a word about my Arrow, Hrmph I say.

She probably just needed a larger photo on which to lavish her praise.

Here you go, really not fishing for compliments just having some fun on a Saturday night.

Is his Arrow a 180 or 200. I can't remember if the 67 model came in the 200HP version or not. It is a nice looking airplane, wonder where he got those Stainless Steel cowl latches. Mine are all scratched up from use.

Attachments

• IMGP2234.JPG
    IMGP2234.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Here you go, really not fishing for compliments just having some fun on a Saturday night.

Is his Arrow a 180 or 200. I can't remember if the 67 model came in the 200HP version or not. It is a nice looking airplane, wonder where he got those Stainless Steel cowl latches. Mine are all scratched up from use.

Nice Arrow.

It's the 180 hp...PA28R-180. The latches were on it when he bought it last spring.

Cute paint job. Not airplane. Most Piper aircraft look sexier than high wings. They all look good.

This guy who I met by complete accident the other night took me into his hangar and this morning is allowing me to see a large maintenance hangar at SFO.

He asked "how do you feel about composite aircraft?"

I said something to the affect of "I love all airplanes."

Last edited:
Beware of strange pilots taking you into dark hangers. What kind of airplane is he planning to show you?

Beware of strange pilots taking you into dark hangers. What kind of airplane is he planning to show you?

Don't worry. I was on my way to a new EAA chapter and got lost at the airport. I saw a lit hangar at night and pulled over to ask for directions.

I forget what kind was in there. The wings were off getting painted and the engine was getting replaced. IAs sometimes have a lot of projects.

Cute paint job. Not airplane. Most Piper aircraft look sexier than high wings. They all look good.

This guy who I met by complete accident the other night took me into his hangar and this morning is allowing me to see a large maintenance hangar at SFO.

He asked "how do you feel about composite aircraft?"

I said something to the affect of "I love all airplanes."

Is this airplane pillow talk?:D

.....sorry for the distraction. Congrats to the new pilot and CFI

Back