Another Most Excellent adventure!

RotaryWingBob

En-Route
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iHover
The forecast was for excellent weather in PA this weekend, so earlier in the week my wife Dusty and I decided to fly up to Skytop Lodge in Canadensis in the Poconos for lunch. So I called them up, made sure I knew about where to land, and they told me to look for a large white arrow on the golf fairway.

The flight up was uneventful (although Allentown class C seemed really busy), and we passed over Flying Dollar airport (8N4) and then spotted Skytop about a mile beyond. I orbited once so Dusty could get some pictures and then set down (in front of a gathered crowd, I might add -- fortunately, I didn't embarass myself in the touchdown in the grass). A couple of pictures show the white arrow, and those who know me will recognize your humble rotorhead standing next to the R44.

Attachments

• 5989.jpg
    5989.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 5994.jpg
    5994.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 5995.jpg
    5995.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 5998.jpg
    5998.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 6006.jpg
    6006.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 6007.jpg
    6007.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 14
The forecast was for excellent weather in PA this weekend, so earlier in the week my wife Dusty and I decided to fly up to Skytop Lodge in Canadensis in the Poconos for lunch. So I called them up, made sure I knew about where to land, and they told me to look for a large white arrow on the golf fairway.

The flight up was uneventful (although Allentown class C seemed really busy), and we passed over Flying Dollar airport (8N4) and then spotted Skytop about a mile beyond. I orbited once so Dusty could get some pictures and then set down (in front of a gathered crowd, I might add -- fortunately, I didn't embarass myself in the touchdown in the grass). A couple of pictures show the white arrow, and those who know me will recognize your humble rotorhead standing next to the R44.

Nice PIX, TKS. For a minute I thought you had landed in your yard...

Bob:

Cool flight! I haven't been to Skytop in many years. Must admit having the helo to get there is really the way to do it! :yes: How was the food??

The picture of the front lawn and you is great, do they have valet parking for a fee?

Weather has been excellent, got to fly every day so far this weekend. Bit of local stuff yesterday, over to Orange County with the QPA group this morning for breakfast and down to visit Mom in Millville tomorrow.

Gary

Bob:

Cool flight! I haven't been to Skytop in many years. Must admit having the helo to get there is really the way to do it! :yes: How was the food??

The picture of the front lawn and you is great, do they have valet parking for a fee?

Weather has been excellent, got to fly every day so far this weekend. Bit of local stuff yesterday, over to Orange County with the QPA group this morning for breakfast and down to visit Mom in Millville tomorrow.

Gary

Hey, Gary. We hadn't been there for maybe 15 years. A 42 minute flight from Brandywine beats the hell out of a several hour drive. I-80 was backed up for miles in both directions at the Poconos exit!

The food was good (sure beats airport fare!). My wife got to have a glass of wine with hers -- I had to settle for diet Pepsi :(

And no, nobody offered to valet park my helicopter :D

I'm flying again tomorrow -- taking a couple of friends sightseeing. I LOVE this weather!

Back