Another Martin in the news

Richard

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ack...city life
I imagine most of the country, if not yet, will be quite upset with Carla J. Martin. I do not believe she acted alone either. I certainly wouldn't want to be in her shoes.

Yeah not a very smart one, if true, on her part. Just another lawyer doing what they want instead of what they are supposed to do, IMHO.

Of course, I hope the guy gets life anyway, let him ponder his delayed virgin receivership until he's about 80 or so.

As far as acting alone. Who knows. She showed up in court with get this, no lawyer for herself... Duh!!!!!

Sounds like she wasn't up for this case and it should have been given to someone more competant. How does one have a conference call with two witnesses at the same time on the line. Unbelievable...

Just your TSA lawyers at work. Nice use of tax dollars huh?

Pathetic..... Hope she gets tossed for this too, and a nice censure would be ok too.

Ya' know, the government never wanted this to go to trial. Then they botched the case. I'm not impressed. Wanna bet whether the judge gets blamed?

Worst part is, as long as he is alive, he is likely to be hostage-bait for other terrorists. Given the track record in other places.

If Moussaoui pled guilty, why the trial? If it's just the penalty phase, then give him life. I heard the judge was actually considering dismissing the case.

Give me a break. Even a guilty man can't get put in jail.

silver-eagle said:
If Moussaoui pled guilty, why the trial? If it's just the penalty phase, then give him life. I heard the judge was actually considering dismissing the case.

Give me a break. Even a guilty man can't get put in jail.

Give him life and put him in with the general population.

wsuffa said:
Ya' know, the government never wanted this to go to trial. Then they botched the case. I'm not impressed. Wanna bet whether the judge gets blamed?

Bill summed it up pretty well. John this is the penalty phase of the case. The judge was not considering throwing out the case persay just the Gov't request for the death penalty. He already pled guilty. The Gov't was trying to prove that he could have helped stop the 9/11 attacks and were essentially using that as an aggrevating factor to give him the death penalty. Bill is so on target here IMHO. The Gov't really ddin't do such a great job. Part of the defense's argument was that A) Defendant didn't know specifically of the 9/11 attacks in advance and B) That even if he had the gov't had prior knowlege that something was up but did not ask. The Defense wanted to call Congressman Curt Weldon of Delware County PA who made statements on the house floor that the Gov't had an operation called Able Danger that knew in advance of Mohammad Atta and his intentions. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot doesen't matter if what Weldon said was true or not.

Now Sonar, how can you say "Just another lawyer doing what they want instead of what they are supposed to do, IMHO" Martin's bone headed move has nothing to do with her being a lawyer. Let me tell ya the lead prosecutor who is a Lawyer is MIGHTY ticked off. I as a lawyer am increduous at her disregard of a Court Order. Her being a lawyer has nothing do with her screwing things up. I mean you could say the samething about cops, doctors, nurses, business owners. Its a human nature/ resepct kind of thing. Not a profession kind of thing.

Thanks Adam. The part about dismissing the case was as reported on the news. Damn, but I should know better than to listen to the media.

Back