Another IR pilot

grattonja

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
saratoga driver
As some of you heard at the time of the "Great Lancaster Fly-In", my wife Janet was just past her IR written test. Well, yesterday she finished the oral and flight test and is now IR. It was a heck of a weekend for it too. Winds aloft were in the 30-40 knot range, even at 3000, and the ground winds were gusty all weekend here as well. She hit into light/moderate turb on Saturday while up with the CFI, banging her head on the ceiling several times.

She is quite delighted to have it behind her, and looking forward to now fighting with me for time in actual when we go anywhere. Next up for her (after several weeks laying off she tells me) is checkout in the Champ.

I am back to having some flying budget available again for myself. Must get a holding pattern and an approach in soon to keep my currency from expiring. Both of us are looking forward to warmer (and calmer) days.

Jim G

Hey Jim: Give Janet a big howdy and congrats for me. It was a bear wind wise here in PA this weekend bet she really worked for that IR.

Aztec Driver said:
Congratulations to Janet. Have fun in the competition for the flying time.

Went up yesterday in the Cutlass to re-up my currency (not been flying much with a pilot wife getting the IR over the last two months:rolleyes: ). She's over there in the right seat bugging me about everything that I was doing wrong. And she thought those steep turns in turbulence that were making her queazy were by accident... LOL!

Jim G

grattonja said:
As some of you heard at the time of the "Great Lancaster Fly-In", my wife Janet was just past her IR written test. Well, yesterday she finished the oral and flight test and is now IR. It was a heck of a weekend for it too. Winds aloft were in the 30-40 knot range, even at 3000, and the ground winds were gusty all weekend here as well. She hit into light/moderate turb on Saturday while up with the CFI, banging her head on the ceiling several times.

She is quite delighted to have it behind her, and looking forward to now fighting with me for time in actual when we go anywhere. Next up for her (after several weeks laying off she tells me) is checkout in the Champ.

I am back to having some flying budget available again for myself. Must get a holding pattern and an approach in soon to keep my currency from expiring. Both of us are looking forward to warmer (and calmer) days.

Jim G

Congrats to Janet. You'll probably have to remind her that as long as both of you fight with the controls during an approach, neither can log it (no sole manipulator) so she might as well just let you do it.:D

Back