Another insurance question

idahoflier

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
idahoflier
So, it’s that time of year again for me. It looks like the outrageous quotes have finally caught up to me which has me evaluating insurance options.

I’m at the point where I think I’m going to have to stop giving friends rides and so the only passengers I will have will be my wife and/or our seventeen year old daughter. I have had combined single limit policies in the past, but now I’m wondering if that’s necessary anymore? For example, if I have a policy that is $1MM liability/$200K per person and my or my families medical costs exceed $200K, does our medical insurance cover all the costs or will they subrogate against me?

Yes, I should just ask insurance agents, but recently I have learned that even simple policy questions that deviate out of “normal” questions results in a LONG time on the phone. So I thought I would throw it out here in case anyone has gone down this rabbit hole before…

You health insurance should cover you.

I was a passenger in a plane that crashed. My health insurance paid all the bills. The owner's insurance paid the $100K per person limit. My health insurance company was nice enough to give me $20K and they kept $80K.

Total bill for hospital stay was over $1 million.

@Pinecone So sorry that happened to you. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Back