Another Ground School Question

farky

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
farky
I know this subject has probably been beat to death here, but just lookin for a little help. Off and on between busy times I have been studying the Gleim ground school as my friend gave me all his material. I am not quick learner, and have better luck with learning something from a video that explains things, rather than reading it from a book. I have read quite a few negative reviews about MZeroA's online ground school, but from the little I've looked into it, I think his style of teaching would benefit me. Some of the reviews I've read state that he is wrong on quite a few facts and I find that a little hard to believe, simply from the standpoint that he is a 8000+ hour CFII, ATP, AOPA's Outstanding Flight Instructor of the year in 2014, and top Collegiate Flight Instructor in 2008 and 2012. Has anyone taken his whole online ground school or know anyone who has had success with it? I know everyone learns better differently and his methods appeal to me but just wanting some other feedback. Thanks.

I started with Gleim on my PPL and it was not any good for me...I too am a visual learner and do not learn by reading a book. I used the King video program for both my PPL and IFR and would recommend taking a look at that.

I started with Gleim on my PPL and it was not any good for me...I too am a visual learner and do not learn by reading a book. I used the King video program for both my PPL and IFR and would recommend taking a look at that.

Is the King video program strictly videos or some reading as well? Thanks for your input.

I didn't follow a specific ground school program. I used a lot of free resources like the Airplane Flying Handbook and Pilot's Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge. My instructor would tell me to look up stalls, airspace, weather services, etc and I would just read up on the chapter in the books.

I didn't follow a specific ground school program. I used a lot of free resources like the Airplane Flying Handbook and Pilot's Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge. My instructor would tell me to look up stalls, airspace, weather services, etc and I would just read up on the chapter in the books.

This sounds like my 'ground school'

OP, did you see the reference to mzeroa here:
http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89560
(about half way down, by stevenhmiller)

So, at least someone liked it. I have no experience with that.

Did not see that one...thanks for the input.

Remove all the doubt. Look at Gold Seal. You can take a thorough test drive for free. None of the other options will let you do that. Ignore all the marketing and just look for yourself and decide.

www.OnlineGroundSchool.com

And by the way, there ain't no such thing as a "To" radial. And you don't refer to FSS on the radio as "Jacksonville Flight Service Station". It's "Jacksonville Radio". There's ever a test question on this one.

If you are a visual learner(like me) I'd take a look at the King course. I don't remember there being any reading. The basic course is going to cover the written only. Sportys makes good products too. I got a free copy of one of MzeroA books and I must say I am not impressed, along with quite a few others based on the Amazon reviews of his products. He has sample videos on youtube if you want to get a feel for him.

With King DVDs has books and online does not. I did DVDs for private and doing online right now for instrument.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back