Another gear up landing

Wow, I didn't know they made rolls of duct tape that big. :yes:

The Air Force Accident Investigation concluded the pilots forgot to lower the landing gear. The USAF estimated the damage to the B-1B at $7.9 million, and the damage to the runway at $14,025

That is a lot beers to have to buy at the club!!!

Too bad there's no video. I'm not one of those "Video makes the news" guys, but this would have been spectacular to see.

"Don't worry, it'll buff out." Wow, an 8 million dollar buff job.

Did anyone else notice all the dust & debris that fell from the nose as the gear was lowered in the 3rd from last picture?

Also I'm wondering why the B1-B requires six pitots? Is that in case five get shot off?

"Don't worry, it'll buff out." Wow, an 8 million dollar buff job.

Did anyone else notice all the dust & debris that fell from the nose as the gear was lowered in the 3rd from last picture?

Also I'm wondering why the B1-B requires six pitots? Is that in case five get shot off?

Don't know about the B1-B, but on the 777 there are three. One for the Captain, one for the first officer, and one for the standby system.

I understand there was a check pilot on board who wanted to make it tough for the pilot being checked out. Increased his workload, pulled the breakers on the gear and the warning system and forgot he had done so.

At least that is the story I heard.

Well, if there has to be a waste of tax dollars, I'd rather it be to a great airplane than some dang "bridge to nowhere." :D

I am rather surprised at this. The Skylane yells at you something awful if the gear is not down when below 12" MP. I was nearly there once on a power-0ff 180. My CFI said there are two kinds of pilots regarding gear ups... those who have and those who are going to. "Hopefully, that was your 'have'!" I hope so, too! But then, what are checklist for? And, what idiot would pull the power for a warning system??? That one really confuses me.

Back