Another Funny Man - Gone

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
http://todayentertainment.today.com...920-comedian-jonathan-winters-dies-at-87?lite

One of the most hilarious bits I think I ever saw was the night he was on The Tonight Show(Johnny Carson days). His usual stuff was funny, but the killer occurred when Carson brought on the next guest, Robin Williams. It was all over for Carson for the night. Winters and Williams got into extemporaneous dialogue which became more hilarious by the moment, all their various "characters" coming into play. Carson could only sit there, not getting a word in at any time, and the studio audience was, as the phrase goes, "on the floor."

It took up most of the show, such that Carson had to apologize for not bringing on the other scheduled guests by the time the show concluded. RIP Jonathan!

HR

Williams always considered Winters his comedy godfather. And to quote from IMDB

"Many of the gags seen on the show were on-the-spot improvisations by Robin Williams, and later by Williams and Jonathan Winters. The improvisations proved so effective and popular that the series' writers soon included specific sections in the scripts where Williams was allowed to perform freely, marked as "Robin goes off here." If you pay attention to Pam Dawber, you can often see her having difficulty not laughing at the ad libs."

Back