Another "Final Flight"...

LDJones

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
Jonesy
We knew the day was coming and tried to prepare, but it's pretty darn hard to brace for the final goodbye to a long-time friend. He was airborne within the first hour after joining our family as he flew in our Mooney to his new home with us. That was ten years ago this month. He was a natural flyer from the start. He will be sorely missed.

Attachments

• Beagle_Bailey_Tribute.jpg
    Beagle_Bailey_Tribute.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 185
He is adorable.

Sorry for your loss.

Sorry for your loss!

Awwww, man, Loren. The most unfair thing in life is the disparity between man's and dog's lifespan.

Awwww, man, Loren. The most unfair thing in life is the disparity between man's and dog's lifespan.

I think the six-year-old nailed it when he observed:

'People are born so that they can learn how to live a good Life -- like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?' The Six-year-old continued, 'Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don't have to stay as long.'

http://peachstreet.blogspot.com/2008/07/why-dogs-dont-live-as-long-as-humans.html

Our coon hound looks a lot like your beagle and she is getting on in years. She made us a family and she will be sorely missed when she is gone. You've reminded us how important it is to make each day with her special. Maybe she can still teach us something about life.

A bad day indeed. It's sad to say goodbye to such a loyal friend.

Our coon hound looks a lot like your beagle and she is getting on in years. She made us a family and she will be sorely missed when she is gone. You've reminded us how important it is to make each day with her special. Maybe she can still teach us something about life.

For the last six months or more I've made a point of giving him an extra measure of love and attention every time I was near him knowing this day would come and I'd miss the feel of those soft, velvety ears. He seemed to soak it up more than usual. Perhaps we both knew what was coming.

Sorry to hear. I've put a couple down and well up every time.

Sorry to hear. I've put a couple down and well up every time.

We do get attached to them. I realized the other day that out of my almost-57 years on earth I figure there's only been about eight spent without a dog in the house.

Oh, those velvety beagle ears... I'm so sorry about the loss of your faithful friend

Ah come on guys, you are killing me.
I have one with the same story. He flew home with us when he was smaller than covering your palm. Now 14 and fading. He has been my buddy every day. Loves going to the airport. Sits at the window and cries when I drive away without him.
Not sure how to imbed a picture and this is one in our boating album - sorry, you will have to click on it.
http://www.tugnuts.com/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=24300

First, his name is Pasta.
Second, he does not have a red beard. One of the kids left their half finished plate of spaghetti with meatballs down on a footstool out on the patio because they were in a hurry to go swimming - this picture is from my daughter's lake house. And now, you know how he got that name when he was very little. He loves going to the lake house.
Dunno how I am going to handle it when he is gone.

Ah come on guys, you are killing me.
I have one with the same story. He flew home with us when he was smaller than covering your palm. Now 14 and fading. He has been my buddy every day. Loves going to the airport. Sits at the window and cries when I drive away without him.
Not sure how to imbed a picture and this is one in our boating album - sorry, you will have to click on it.
http://www.tugnuts.com/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=24300

First, his name is Pasta.
Second, he does not have a red beard. One of the kids left their half finished plate of spaghetti with meatballs down on a footstool out on the patio because they were in a hurry to go swimming - this picture is from my daughter's lake house. And now, you know how he got that name when he was very little. He loves going to the lake house.
Dunno how I am going to handle it when he is gone.

Bailey was an avid boater, too. He was usually parked on the foredeck of our deckboat like a hood ornament, ears flying in the breeze. He'd howl if we headed down to the boat without him!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 14
Condolences, Loren, it's always hard to lose a pet

Loren, sorry about your loss, losing a good dog leaves a hole in your heart that only time will heal. It's been almost two weeks and my wife still gets weepy talking about out Hanna. :sad:

Loren, sorry about your loss, losing a good dog leaves a hole in your heart that only time will heal. It's been almost two weeks and my wife still gets weepy talking about out Hanna. :sad:

My wife's having a tough time of it. Which is funny since she ignored him the first two days after I brought him home because she wasn't yet over the loss of Buddy, Bailey's predecessor who had passed away six months earlier. Despite her best efforts to ignore him, he never gave up on winning her over...giving her space but clearly indicating his desire to be her friend. She eventually caved and they became best friends.

Back