Another Drunk Pilot In The Cockpit

The flight took off with another pilot maneuvering the Boeing 737 plane with 99 passengers and six crewmembers, including the pilot who was charged.

I missed something ????

The flight took off with another pilot maneuvering the Boeing 737 plane with 99 passengers and six crewmembers, including the pilot who was charged.

I missed something ????

Yeah, that seems kind of strange. Were they planning to let him sleep it off in Cancun and then fly the plane back?

Rich

Also of note, the article states that the legal limit in Canada is .08. I hope that is not correct. I can't imagine someone flying just under .08 and it being legal. Regardless, the pilot in question had 3X the limit of .08 so he was pretty toasty!

"Calgary police have charged a pilot after he allegedly passed out from intoxication in the cockpit of a plane with 99 passengers and six crew members aboard.

Crews at the gate and on the plane noticed the pilot was "behaving oddly, before he became unconscious in the cockpit," Staff Sgt. Paul Stacey told reporters at a news conference
."

Yet they still let him on?

Obviously this is just a media conspiracy, as it's already been POA-established that pilots can't make it into the cockpit intoxicated ;)

Also of note, the article states that the legal limit in Canada is .08. I hope that is not correct. I can't imagine someone flying just under .08 and it being legal. Regardless, the pilot in question had 3X the limit of .08 so he was pretty toasty!

There is no "Canadian" legal limit that I am aware of. For automobile operators the limits are set by each Provincial jurisdiction, and the Province of Alberta, which is where Calgary is located, has a 0.05 limit.

I thought the limit for pilots was zero?

There is no "Canadian" legal limit that I am aware of. For automobile operators the limits are set by each Provincial jurisdiction, and the Province of Alberta, which is where Calgary is located, has a 0.05 limit.

I thought the limit for pilots was zero?
I don't know the limit in Canada, but in the U.S., the limit for pilots is 0.04. Also, you can't have have had a drink in the past eight hours, and you can't be under the influence even if you meet the foregoing requirements. (See 14 CFR 91.17.)

I don't know the limit in Canada, but in the U.S., the limit for pilots is 0.04. Also, you can't have have had a drink in the past eight hours, and you can't be under the influence even if you meet the foregoing requirements. (See 14 CFR 91.17.)
I looked at the Canadian regs earlier, and there is no particular BAC limit. They use the 8 hours, same as the US, then add you can't be "under the influence" or some wording like that.

"Calgary police have charged a pilot after he allegedly passed out from intoxication in the cockpit of a plane with 99 passengers and six crew members aboard.

Crews at the gate and on the plane noticed the pilot was "behaving oddly, before he became unconscious in the cockpit," Staff Sgt. Paul Stacey told reporters at a news conference
."

Yet they still let him on?

Obviously this is just a media conspiracy, as it's already been POA-established that pilots can't make it into the cockpit intoxicated ;)

This one didn't get off the gate, either?

Back