Another Credit theft

corjulo

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Corjulo
To follow up on the credit card story below, this is absolutely incredible. Whoever the CTO and board of directors at Card Systems who allowed such a virus to get in and then to get out ought to be sacked on the spot, if they fail to resign. I would expect such shoddy systems in an elementary school network but at a corporate site where they are responsible for credit card data? This type of network protection is so basic and so common, it is shocking that a script was able to pull out data so easily. Thank goodness coporate America always does the right thing without needing to be prodded.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050618...59gkjSs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA2Z2szazkxBHNlYwN0bQ--

The sad thing is that there are active systems that run on the network equipment that are immune to any type of circumvention. And, given the economic impact of something like this happening, it's really not all that expensive.

I'm tired of dealing with various forms of "protection" type agents on the workstation and servers. I'm changing my security systems to network-based systems that run on the switches and routers themselves, reacting to the traffic flow.

This will not affect c-holders directly ie the $50 liability risk some have, correct?
But, we all will pay for the goof eventually through higher rates?

The local news carried the story saying M/C expects the issuing banks to inform the customers involved. Isn't that like letting the fox guard the henhouse?

Back