Another convert in the family

terzap

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
terzap
And so, this story gets started with the classic line:

"NO WAY!" My sister was emphatic. "I'm not going in that thing. Uh-uh. Don't think so."

No one insisted. After all, people can't be forced into having a great experience. Someone else jumped for the opportunity. As the aircraft took off, members of EAA Chapter 380 stood around and watched and hangar-flew in the gorgeous gold-green light of a hot but perfectly flyable June evening in North Dakota.

Heyde Airport, a private grass airstrip seven miles from Grand Forks, is a favorite place for our chapter to have summer meetings, which are usually cookouts and gabfests and an excuse to fly (then why did most people drive in, I ask you?) I brought my sister and my niece this evening as guests.

So, I wandered off and was chatting away with the wife of my flying buddy since he and I are flying off to another chapter get-together on Saturday (and we're taking my instructor so I can actually FLY out there instead of being a passenger). Next thing I know, I turn around and there is my sister in the ultralight with Joe (owner and pilot) getting ready to take off. She looked a bit apprehensive but paid calm, serious attention to Joe as he gave her a briefing.

My niece, who was living with me for three months while her parents were transitioning between job locations, was with us. She became quite the aviation enthusiast after I introduced to flying this spring with a Discovery flight and a Young Eagles flight, and loves coming to events and meetings with me. She stood there with that expression only thirteen year old teenagers seem capable of assuming and announced to everyone, "If you hear screaming, don't worry, that's my mom."

Nice kid.

But you don't have to read any more.

See the rest right here.
http://www.teryvisions.com/ultraflight.mov

You can see my other slideshows at the link in my sig line. I don't have this one linked in yet.

Terry

Back