Another Cirrus Digs a Hole in Oklahoma

PT13Pilot

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Chris
Just an FYI from my friends on the Taylorcraft website. Apparently a guy on there knew the owner, who had recently upgraded from an Arrow and was still in training. Don't know if the other guy killed was the instructor or not.
http://www.normantranscript.com/localnews/local_story_034002335
After the "Is the Cirrus as a first airplane" post, I'm avoiding this one. I did talk to my FAA buddy, and he may be in on the investigation on this one. If I hear any more, I'll post it.

Origional thread on the T-Craft forum.......

Lost another fellow pilot friend yesterday.
Although I did not see him much, we kept in touch through common friends. He and another person was killed in a SR-22 and the crash left very little that was identifiable. That makes 25 people killed in 11 accident in these things. Anyone know of any structural AD's on Cirrus'? The owner had just upgraded from an Arrow and was receiving instruction from what I have heard so far. I swear it seems like I know more pilots that have been involved aircraft accidents alive and dead over the last 20 years than have not. The pool of pilots I know is not not small either.

Can't even speculate with that info and don't want to. Just take the tradgedy for what it is.:(

Low level flyer over on the red board was a close friend of the owner/deceased. Said he was a good safe pilot who flew almost daily and had owned this 2006 cirrus since new...

Jim G

Back