Another Chute Pull Saves The Day

I'm wondering if we can get "Another Chute Pull saves the day" made into a sticky? It could have a ten day clock showing how many days it's been since the last one. Kind of like a lost time injury clock on a production line.

I'm wondering if we can get "Another Chute Pull saves the day" made into a sticky? It could have a ten day clock showing how many days it's been since the last one. Kind of like a lost time injury clock on a production line.

We could put that right next to the Bonanza Comes From Together sticky!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone posted this article to COPA - it's old, but still interesting, about stall/spin design and recovery in a Cirrus:

http://www.kineticlearning.com/pilots_world/safety/06_05/article_06_03.html

The Cirrus wing cuff has gotten a lot of attention, but how is it different in terms of its effect on aileron control from the age old conventional technique of building metal or wood wings with washout? Both would seem to be trying to reduce the angle of attack over the outer portion of the wing so the root stalls first while maintaining aileron roll control?.

A friend of mine who makes his living flying (civilian) jets came with me to OSH last summer. He was intrigued enough with the ICON A5 that he plunked down a deposit and took it for a flight. The main flight instrument, front and center, is a AOA indicator. Using some combination of leading edge cuffs like Cirrus, combined with wing washout and a change in airfoil across the span resulted in a plane that holds altitude when the stick is held full back at full throttle simulating a departure stall. The ICON is not targeting the same market as Cirrus, but seems to be trying to address the same issue in a similar fashion.

The Cirrus wing cuff has gotten a lot of attention, but how is it different in terms of its effect on aileron control from the age old conventional technique of building metal or wood wings with washout? Both would seem to be trying to reduce the angle of attack over the outer portion of the wing so the root stalls first while maintaining aileron roll control?.

I'd just say different means to the same end, with the composite construction allowing for more radical solutions.

Back