Another Chapter Closing.

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
On May 14, 2004 I got a signed Bill of Sale and took delivery of 12R from a gentleman at Goose Creek, NC. Other than that first day of ownership I have had no problems to speak of with it. We've flown out over both oceans and the Gulf Of Mexico, crossed the Rocky Mountains twice, and touched down in 47 of the 48 contiguous United States. We've seen Gastons and Wings three times, saw the reopening of an airport, and met nearly every "loud" member from PoA.

Today, I signed a sales agreement to send 12R back to the Carolinas. This time, South Carolina. If all goes well during annual inspection in 2 weeks, then three weeks from today, I turn over the keys, logbooks, and other essentials, and we both get to open up a separate, but new chapter in our lives.

Last edited:
Good luck! I'm sure it's bittersweet. What are you getting to replace it again?

Looking at Comanches. Have my eye on a 250, which I will probably put a deposit on tomorrow, contingent upon inspection by my IA, and the sale of my plane. Then my IA and I get to fly commercial across the country. Blech! The commercial part, not my IA, he's a great guy.

I'll look forward to seeing that comanche!!! Is it the red one? Or the Bravo Juliet?

I had worked out a deal whereby CubCrafters took my Bonanza as partial trade-in on a new Sport Cub. Yesterday (New Years Eve) Clay Hammond from CubCrafters delivered the Cub to Pearson Field. We parked it in my hangar while Clay chatted with a couple of airport bums who wandered over to gawk at the airplane. Then I showed Clay around the Bonanza, handed him the keys, and watched him fly off just a few minutes before the unforecast fog closed back in. It was an emotional day all alound.

Attachments

• P1030442e.jpg
    P1030442e.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 34
  • P1030465.jpg
    P1030465.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 31
I had worked out a deal whereby CubCrafters took my Bonanza as partial trade-in on a new Sport Cub. Yesterday (New Years Eve) Clay Hammond from CubCrafters delivered the Cub to Pearson Field. We parked it in my hangar while Clay chatted with a couple of airport bums who wandered over to gawk at the airplane. Then I showed Clay around the Bonanza, handed him the keys, and watched him fly off just a few minutes before the unforecast fog closed back in. It was an emotional day all alound.

Oh, you're gonna have fun with the Cub... please tell me you're coming to Gastons. I'll have to beat back Kaite to get a ride in it, but it'll be worth it.

Back