Another change in plans

spiderweb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ben
The big news is that it looks like my CFI will be getting a newish C206 in the next few months. Originally, I was going to go on to do the multi add-on, but with the new 206 available, I'm not sure what would be smartest at this point. Insurance is going to require an instrument rating and 25 hours in the bird. Can you believe that?

Oh, but what a plane. He's looking for one with Mode S, stormscope, HSI, and Garmin 530. If it isn't there, he'll have it added.

Slobber, slobber, drool, drool. . . .

wangmyers said:
The big news is that it looks like my CFI will be getting a newish C206 in the next few months. Originally, I was going to go on to do the multi add-on, but with the new 206 available, I'm not sure what would be smartest at this point. Insurance is going to require an instrument rating and 25 hours in the bird. Can you believe that?

Oh, but what a plane. He's looking for one with Mode S, stormscope, HSI, and Garmin 530. If it isn't there, he'll have it added.

But the $20 question, will your quartet fit in a 206? If so, cool for you. Looks like high performance and complex is in your immediate future then.

Jim G

Edit. Doh! It does say, right at the bottom of your postings, that you are a trio. And I have read your website as well. Sorry. My bad. Sounds to me like commercial may be your next ticket.

Last edited:
wangmyers said:

I had a friend who for a while let me use his 99 T206H. It was an OK ride. The kids liked the DVD screens mounted on each seatback, though.

grattonja said:
But the $20 question, will your quartet fit in a 206? If so, cool for you. Looks like high performance and complex is in your immediate future then.

Jim G

No problem for fitting my group in--it is a trio. The piano doesn't come with us, the violin is small, and the cello will fit in the back.

I already have the hi-perf/complex signoffs, so all I have to do is spend 25 hours in the plane with my CFI. Sheesh.

This is why I'm now considering doing the commercial. I could at least spend some of those 25 hours getting a rating! (I'd have to do the checkride in the Saratoga.)

Ken Ibold said:
I had a friend who for a while let me use his 99 T206H. It was an OK ride. The kids liked the DVD screens mounted on each seatback, though.

I know. It ain't as sexy as the Seneca III on field, but it will be about $70 less per hour to rent. It isn't all that much slower, either, because the owner of the Seneca doesn't want it flown at more than 60% power.

Back