Another bad one and more baffling coverage

rottydaddy

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
beaky
A 340 apparently dove straight into the ground in Ohio recently, and of course the local paper had to point out something intended to alarm the public, even though the # of hours in that particular airplane is not compared to much of anything (like hours in type, or what he flew before- like, did this guy have much twin experience, perhaps in aircraft he did not own?)... and as usual, they quote that the PIC was an old hand; great record, pillar of the community, yaddayadda... but omigosh!! Only 7 hours in that airplane!!! The sky is falling!!!
If he had 7000 hours in type without a prior accident, it could be deduced that at one point he only had 7, yet did not have an accident. So how does only 7 hrs make you unsafe? What are these "journalists" smoking, anyway?

Anyway... besides that business, this terrible accident (man, they hit the ground hard!), still under investigation, can no doubt teach us something.
But... what?

http://www.portclintonnewsherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080114/NEWS01/801140302/1002

Last edited:
And he might have pushed the wing ejection button, too! And he failed to install a parachute on the plane!

:rolleyes:

:D

Scott, you're killin' me with that avatar... good thing I wasn't drinking milk when I first saw that...!

:rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back