Display name:
JD
SOLD: Another Bad Elf GPS for sale

* GPS itself with original packaging
* 10' USB cable
* 3' iPod Dock Extension
* About 20 power on hours

Will take $65 shipped.
Will take $55 if you just want a short USB cable, no dock extension.
Sub $5 if you want to stop by Lewisville, TX and pick it up for me.

Update: Sold via Amazon 2012-05-06 for $75 + S/H.

Update: Removed email address 2012-11-01 because people keep emailing me about this.

Last edited:
What didn't you like about it? I chose the DUAL BT unit as I hate dongles.

What didn't you like about it? I chose the DUAL BT unit as I hate dongles.

I'm guessing there's quite a few pilots who own a Bad Elf, Dual, or other iPad GPS who like them just fine as a GPS, but don't like that they don't receive ADS-B like the Stratus. ;)

I'm guessing there's quite a few pilots who own a Bad Elf, Dual, or other iPad GPS who like them just fine as a GPS, but don't like that they don't receive ADS-B like the Stratus. ;)

Very true, nice advance from XM which I don't buy either. WingX has had an ADS-B option available for as long as I've had it. I just don't have a mission currently that justifies it.

Dongle is part of it. Cumbersome, and clumbsy.

Major issue is that, switching between apps, it powers off, loses lock. It takes the better part of a minute to get a lock. GPS Assist didn't seem to help. Internal was much faster acquisition of signal, and iPad2 3G was good enough to not really want/need better updates.

Also, since iPad apps seem to periodically die (garbage collection issues), if I were going to go with a better GPS, I would probably get a proper aviation GPS. The Av8or is okay, but I'd like to try something else, with easier to read lines, and better bright-light readabilit.

I have an Av8or Horizon with SVT and AHRS for sale if you like...:popcorn: Make an offer.

Back