Another ATX PoA gathering - Austin, TX

BigBadLou

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Lou
Hi guys,

the first gathering we had in February was great and I believe everybody enjoyed it.
The food was good, beer selection great and I think we shold do another one.
Same place same time? The Pourhouse on Jollyville at 7pm?

The weather will be ugly and rainy on Thursday so why not take advantage of the conditions?

Recap: Thursday April 9th, 2015
Time: 19:00

Who's in?
(I will be sending emails and PMs to those I know)

I will be there for sure. The wife said maybe.

Oh boy, I don't think my wife would even consider for a second that a pilot gathering could offer anything "meaningful" to her. :)
In fewer words: wife not coming. :lol:

Unless something major happens I will be there. Looking forward to meeting you guys.

Too far to drive from Houston on a school night... Next fly-in should be easy to do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Cool...well Lou was going to buy the Stratus 2 I have for sale...guess now I can do a silent auction for it.

:yikes:

Just kidding Lou.

Keep posting these as you guys plan them as I'd like to attend one when schedules permit. My son attends there and I am in town at least once a semester.

Well something major happened. The boss said I already have other plans. Maybe next time.

Alright, so far 6 total, not bad. If we maybe establish a pattern of having these once a month or so with more advance notice (sorry for the short one), the attendance could increase greatly.

I will reserve a table in the back like Wade did last time and it will be under the name "Pilot" (I am hoping). :lol: Just ask for the pilot table in the back room, should be np.

Man I need a beer! Is it 1900 yet?

Shane
The Squawk Shoppe
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not yet!
FWIW, I think you will need a full truckload of beer after you battle all the retards in the traffic all through-out South Austin and then also North. :eek:
I am NOT looking fwd to that!

Btw, I did my best to reserve us a table, even though they refused to take any reservations due to a big party of 40 that they have coming tonight. (yikes, bad timing) But I convinced the manager that we are worth it.
A table for us will be hopefully available at 7pm under name "Pilot". Again, just ask for the "pilot table". :) It might be outside, it might be inside, don't know yet.

See ya at 7!

Lou that was great! I'm very glad I got to meet you guys in person and hang out for a bit!

Sorry that a few of you missed out on the photo op, but I forgot about it until the last minute. Also, you may have gotten the better end of the deal, because I guess our waiter was a little drunk and took an awfully blurry picture. I did what I could.

IMG_0660_zpsrqqamp2f.jpg

P.S. when we were leaving, I think Lou and Ken were doing an avionics drug deal in the parking lot and Ken saw me watching and tried to run me over with his car...

Last edited:
Last night was a lot of fun! I'm looking forward to the next one.

Thanks Lou, I had a great time, and learned a lot. I look forward to the next one.

Sorry I was short on cards, so add me on the ol' Faced-book or Twitter. Those are my personal accounts, so not really for business stuff.

I was JUST thinking that about 1/2 hour ago! :) You read my mind.
I am available tomorrow night (Thu 5/14) but then unavailable for 2 weeks.
So if anybody wants to do one on short notice (24 hours should be enough, no?), I'm game! Same place, same time?

Absolutely!
Who wants to volunteer to organize it down south? I know nothing zero good places down there.
Start a new thread and link it here, please.

Back