Another attempt to part homeowners and their money

mikea

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iWin
Another new home owner scam:

Dear.....you are listed with _____ county as the owner of.....

Illinois Deed Recovery Service said the Federal Government recommends that every homeowner have a certified copy of their deed.

For only $99.50 and the form below I could get a copy. The money is for the location and copying service.

I'm fairly sure the location is the county recorder of deeds, so I think I saved myself $99.50 when I threw the thing in the shredder. Besides which I got a copy after my closing.

There is great potential for work at home riches if you have no morals. :mad:

Why wasn't it $99.99?

Last edited:
Why would anyone get a "certified copy" of their deed, when they received the original - not a copy, no "certification" needed - at closing?

These folks are not stealing; just taking advantage of the inherent idiocy displayed by sheeple today.

I got one last week and tossed it. I wonder how many suckers fell for it?

It would only take 4 or 5 to recover the costs of the mailing. Every one after that would be 100% profit.

I'll bet they get thousands of orders. To quote Max Bialystock, there are a lot of little old ladies in the world.

We should complain to Lisa Madigan. She'll shut them down in a year or so.

Last edited:
These schmos are everywhere. Our County Recoreder of Deed posts on thier web site not to be taken by these scams as they will provide a copy for something like $2- $5.00

At my retail camera store I used to get a mailing about every six months reminding me of a possible violation of <some> law to not have certain postings on display for employees to see and be aware. It usually had to do with OSHA Regs. or EEOC statutes.
"Don't be caught in violation by unannounced bureau inspections." And for some amount of money I could acquire a complete set of said posters, "thereby being in total compliance." I wonder how many suckers fell for that scam? Said posters are available at no charge from one's state puzzle palace.

HR

At my retail camera store I used to get a mailing about every six months reminding me of a possible violation of <some> law to not have certain postings on display for employees to see and be aware. It usually had to do with OSHA Regs. or EEOC statutes.
"Don't be caught in violation by unannounced bureau inspections." And for some amount of money I could acquire a complete set of said posters, "thereby being in total compliance." I wonder how many suckers fell for that scam? Said posters are available at no charge from one's state puzzle palace.

HR
I know my previous employer paid an annual fee to a company that provided those signs.....

Back