Another around the world sailing event

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
Now this is one I can get behind

"I hope to use my lifelong love of sailing to take part in a completely irrelevant novelty stunt that in no way benefits humanity," Gilmer said of the non-news event that will needlessly cycle in and out of the top spot on news websites for weeks. "The goal here is to really make people think about a young, overconfident ******* on a boat rather than any pressing matters of substance that actually affect people's lives."
Added Gilmer, "Even if just one person reads a news article about my pointless ego trip instead of a story about the global financial crisis, then I've done my job."
The utterly irrelevant boat ride, which Gilmer plans to document by video so that people can oc-cupy precious hours of their time watching clips of a self-satisfied little **** in a cramped sailboat cabin as if it were an actual event of significance, will in no way address climate change, ocean conservation, unemployment, workers' rights, cancer research, or any wars or conflicts anywhere in the world.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/man-to-sail-around-world-to-decrease-awareness-of,26640/

Back