Another Airplane crash, this time all survived

This crash caused the editorial board of the local newspaper to write an editorial suggesting the city is StPetersburg might want to reevaluate the safety and location of the airport. This is in spite of local voters passing a referendum to keep the airport a permanent local fixture.

I really wish they hadn't run out of gas, but I do wish them a speedy recovery.

So you believe they ran out of fuel? is the amount of fuel in the wings not enough to keep the engine going? (92 Ounces).

That is 0.7 gallons of fuel on board which is less than the usable fuel quantity. So ya, I'd say it ran out of fuel. His response was sarcasm. :yes:

That is 0.7 gallons of fuel on board which is less than the usable fuel quantity. So ya, I'd say it ran out of fuel. His response was sarcasm. :yes:

Tough to gauge the sarcasm sometimes because I'm fairly new here, plus I'm not into it much.

In my original post that is exactly what I was thinking because I didn't see or smell any fuel in the area at all, not a trace.

The wording of that report is a little confusing. It says they extracted that much fuel, not that that's all there was, though I suspect that's what they are insinuating. I can extract 92 ounces of fuel from a fully loaded tanker truck, that doesn't tell anyone anything. Poorly written IMO. It then goes into detail of where they fueled the day before. I don't know anything about that area though, how far away is the airport where they fueled from the one they departed from, and how far is that from the crash site?

The wording of that report is a little confusing. It says they extracted that much fuel, not that that's all there was, though I suspect that's what they are insinuating. I can extract 92 ounces of fuel from a fully loaded tanker truck, that doesn't tell anyone anything. Poorly written IMO. It then goes into detail of where they fueled the day before. I don't know anything about that area though, how far away is the airport where they fueled from the one they departed from, and how far is that from the crash site?

Yes, the report was poorly written! They were just a few miles away from Whitted Airport in Saint Petersburg FL, (5 Miles tops).

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N15833

Back