Another 5K

HPNFlyGirl

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iBrookieMonster
I am walking in another 5K tomorrow. I am going to do it in under 1:08:00 which was my last time. I know I can do it. :D

The 5K is to help raise money for Autism. If you would like to help sponsor me, my link is listed below.

https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=307405&supId=273792769

I used to take care of an autistic child a few weeks during the summer when I was in high school. Those were some of the best summers of my life. Caleb and I would play paper rock scissors all day long. Of course Caleb would always win. :yesnod:

I thought you were talking about taking your mechanic more money for an annual.:rolleyes:

I had a lot of fun with this 5K.

When the 1st mile marker came up I was like.....UGH!!! THAT'S IT!!!!! Then came the hill...I thought...Great what goes down means there's an up. Keep putting one foot in front of the other. Then at 2 miles this lady came up to me and said...It's taken me all race to catch up to you. We spoke for a little bit and she passed me and beat me by 2 minutes. Then there was the walk by Krispy Kreme Doughnuts. What a sickening smell. I thought I was going to puke. After that came the disgruntled driver with a trailer full of Pine Straw that thought he could drive down the road where all the walkers were. Then there was the merge of the mile runners. When I made it to my weekday parking spot I saw the finish line. I waited until I had 1 more block then jogged in the rest of the way. I made sure to keep running until I was off the mats.

I learned this time that your time starts when you cross the mat...not when the air horn goes off. Next time I will start out walking, then jog more at the end.

Still learning though.

That's awsome Brook!

I am in need of some cardio work. I was bicycling an hour a day until the temps went below 50F. I guess it's back to a boring treadmill.

That's awsome Brook!

I am in need of some cardio work. I was bicycling an hour a day until the temps went below 50F. I guess it's back to a boring treadmill.
I think there is some kinda of gadget you can set your bike into when you want to ride it inside. Seems like Chip mentioned that he had one.

Oh I've been offered one of those, but the point of a bike ride is being outside, checking out the view, etc. We have a really nice bike route in town, no cars to worry about.

Great job, Brooke! I'm in the process of training for my first half-marathon, but I'm not doing so well in the motivation and dedication department. Seeing you do this and do well gives me some more motivation to get my training going back on track.

So, did you beat your 1:08 time?

Thanks everyone.

Yes I did PJ. I did it in 1:07 and some change.

I don't know the exact time since the race company took the mats up at 1:01. :( Talk about a bummer. Give me a reason to work even harder now. :)

Back