Another 5 years...

ifly4fun

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Jeff
Renewed my medical today. Read 4 letters off of an eye chart, checked BP, 5 deep breaths, and have a nice day. I hope my fellow pilots can rest at ease knowing I am now fully medically capable of piloting an airplane for another 5 years.

That new five year medical came into effect about the time I turned 40... :(

Congrats on being pronounced able to fog a mirror. :D

Every 5 yrs would be awesome. I've got my annual next week. 25th anniversary of straight class I & IIs. Somehow avoided SIs all this time...knock on wood.;)

Every *year* would be welcome now... I've got SIs up the wazoo, mostly for misdiagnoses that have no way to be disabused. But worst was a real event last year, for which I'm grounded... indefinitely. :(

Enjoy the privilege...

Every *year* would be welcome now... I've got SIs up the wazoo, mostly for misdiagnoses that have no way to be disabused. But worst was a real event last year, for which I'm grounded... indefinitely. :(

Enjoy the privilege...

Wow. Don't remember you commenting about that before. Thought you were still flying. You gonna go LSA?

Not planning on it at this point. Currently I'm waiting to hear from my AME about the documentation I've sent him. I think worst case is I'm grounded for two years, but it may not be that long. I just don't know yet.

If it turns out to be worst case, in the meantime I may take up soaring. There are at least two airports with lots of glider activity not too far away.

... in the meantime I may take up soaring. There are at least two airports with lots of glider activity not too far away.

I guarantee you won't regret it. In fact, I think you'd regret (like me) not having done it years earlier.

Yep. Been thinking about completing my glider cert this year. Got the 7 hrs but never got the cert.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back