Anoka County Airport - KAOK

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
Anoka County Airport - KANE

Any of you in Minnesota should visit Anoka County Airport. There is a private museum there, Golden Wings Museum. Private, yes; but I was told last night that if any visitor were to indicate EAA membership the admission will be free. I think my information is that there are some 30 aircraft there.
Anyone from those surrounding states should make a trip to KANE.

My specific interest is the antique WACO a/c which is owned by Richard Hornbeck, a Brunswick, Maine area lawyer and member of our EAA Chapter 87.
Several years ago Rich participated in a special tour around the country; and a company whose name I can't remember made a model airplane kit featuring Rick's WACO. He said last night that over 30,000 kits were sold, these days only to be found on eBay. His WACO is quickly identifiable because of the TEXACO insignia on the vertical stabilizer. Rich has a 1500' landing strip at his house and today will be pouring the concrete floor in a new hangar. Eventually, the WACO will come back to Bowdoinham to his house.

EDIT: If you Google "Richard Hornbeck's WACO Airplane" you'll get a bunch of hits.

HR

Last edited:
Did I misname the airport? I typed-in what Rich last night scrawled on a piece of paper before we left the EAA meeting. Please confirm my (supposed) error and I'll edit the original post.

Wrong identifier. Anoka County Airport is KANE, there is no KAOK.

Back